Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Disney's Hollywood Studios (General Discussion)

Well it's certainly a ding against the "Given enough time and money Imagineering will do amazing things...." argument.

Sometimes they have really terrible ideas.

Wow! Talk about some weird/odd choices. None of those roll off the tongue.
Let's get even less creative - Disney Orlando Adventure or DOA for short:saywhat:.
Hell, they don't have any production in DS Paris and that still has the word Studios.

Wow! Talk about some weird/odd choices. None of those roll off the tongue.
Let's get even less creative - Disney Orlando Adventure or DOA for short:saywhat:.
Hell, they don't have any production in DS Paris and that still has the word Studios.

Yeah those park names are ridiculous, I can't even see them as serious suggestions. As @epcyclopedia said, someone is getting paid a ridiculous amount of $$$ to come up with that :poop:.

I also wouldn't have a problem with them using the name studios still but maybe they are trying to get away from being similar to Universal studios? I know of folk who have gotten confused between the two.

As you stated the DLP parc uses the name studios, again I have no problem with this, I do however have a problem using Walt Disney in its name, that parc doesn't deserve to be blessed with the name of a legend. The parc is just almost as bad as the current state of the Orlando version.

Ive racked my brains to come up with a name that encompasses all that DHS will stand for, I struggled to be fair but then again i'm not getting paid a six figure sum to do so.

It seems to me the survey is rigged to give "Cinemagic" the edge. It's the only one anyone seems to be okay with at all on Twitter, and even in this forum. (Not that people like it, just that it's the only palatable option.) And it just so happens to be the one that was being pushed in house for the last couple years. I think the other names in the list are blatantly bad on purpose. Just my take.

And personally, I hate Cinemagic. Makes me think of a wizarding cinnabon or something when I say it out loud.

It seems to me the survey is rigged to give "Cinemagic" the edge. It's the only one anyone seems to be okay with at all on Twitter, and even in this forum. (Not that people like it, just that it's the only palatable option.) And it just so happens to be the one that was being pushed in house for the last couple years. I think the other names in the list are blatantly bad on purpose. Just my take.

And personally, I hate Cinemagic. Makes me think of a wizarding cinnabon or something when I say it out loud.
Cinemagic reeks of BAH! Just let the penny pinchers loose and go with Disney's Hollywood. They lop off the Studios and save a ton of coin on signage

Honestly I think most are happy with it staying DHS, which is an option.

Strictly from a name standpoint, DHS is better than the options on that survey. But, I think from a stigma standpoint it's better to change the name. They don't want people skipping it because they went to DHS and there was nothing to do. As bad as they have pillaged the park, it needs a fresh start.

But, I think from a stigma standpoint it's better to change the name. They don't want people skipping it because they went to DHS and there was nothing to do. As bad as they have pillaged the park, it needs a fresh start.

Eh, I think because DHS has a few incredibly popular attractions (ToT, RnRC, TSMM), people will go regardless. Not to mention, people will go wherever Star Wars goes. The only people, imo, who really acknowledge the poor standing of DHS are people who really pay attention, like the members on this board and such. And we also know that there are incredible things coming to this park down the pipeline, so we'll be back. We often times overestimate how knowledgeable the GP is. If it has Star Wars and that hotel ride, GP will come.

But in terms of fresh start, I like to look at DCA, which got total facelifts, expansions, and a "name change": which involved dropping the 's from "Disney's". They knew they didn't have to change the name of the park, they just had to make the park better and advertise it as "new and improved". DHS could do the same thing.

Strictly from a name standpoint, DHS is better than the options on that survey. But, I think from a stigma standpoint it's better to change the name. They don't want people skipping it because they went to DHS and there was nothing to do. As bad as they have pillaged the park, it needs a fresh start.
They will be shoving "see Star Wars at Hollywood Studios" in everyone's faces so much this will not matter.

:angry:I love the MCU but this is getting silly.

Yeah, I really enjoyed Cinemagique.

Yet to see Mickey Magician show, was there on opening weekend last time and couldn't get in. Looking forward to it in October. It's another one that would work well in DHS I think

We often times overestimate how knowledgeable the GP is.

No I'm assuming the GP will not know that the entire park has been rebuilt and will say "Isn't Hollywood Studios the park where little Timmy couldn't ride anything and we waited 3 hours for the Toy Story ride? Yeah let's not go back to that place."