Disney's Hollywood Studios (General Discussion) | Page 119 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney's Hollywood Studios (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Yeah Studios is fine. If people are confused at what park they are in, they won’t be smart enough to pronounce Cinnemagine to begin with.

Do people ask where Mickey Mouse is at Universal? If so, can these people be banned for a year?

Last edited by a moderator:
I’ve heard rumors (Jim Hill?) that Hollywood Adventure makes people think that the park is located in Southern California. If that’s true, I could see Disney trying to avoid a geographic reference in the new park name.

Disney’s Cineventure Park

• You can trademark it
  • It keeps a good buzz word (adventure)
  • Obvious relation to movies and Hollywood
  • Doesn’t sound as odd as the other sugfestionsodd
  • *I hereby give Disney and any affiliated entity full rights to use the above park name* :)

It's certainly better than Cinemagine.

Reactions: tankart150
My concern is about the new icon rather than the name. We had the Earffel Tower, the Chinese Theater, the Sorcere's Hat. Now the Hotel... Hope an amazing centerpiece comes with all this overhaul.

Reactions: JoeCamel
I see the point here and agree. I just believe that the new lands will hide even more the theater. Specially because they are not using it as a park symbol...
Hope that with the new Mickey's ride inside they change it and make the CT popular again.

I think it’ll go back to the Chinese Theater once the Mickey ride opens.
Don't see why it wouldn't...It's the Cinderella's Castle of HS

Since the facade is based on the famous Grauman's Chinese Theatre, which the naming rights is now owned by Chinese electronics manufacturer TCL Corporation since 2013, I believe Disney is hesitant to use it in merchandise and marketing for fear of having to pay a fee to that company.

I didn't realize it, but that company officially changed its name to the TCL Chinese Theatre recently. How unfortunate.

In any case, I wouldn't expect that to become the icon on things that are sold. It still remains visible on signage and the green garbage cans throughout the park, but when it comes to shirts, etc, I wouldn't count on it. Much easier, legally speaking anyway, for Disney to stick with icons it owns, as long is stops tearing them down (Earful Tower, Sorcerer Hat, etc.)

Reactions: Sergio Araujo
Since the facade is based on the famous Grauman's Chinese Theatre, which the naming rights is now owned by Chinese electronics manufacturer TCL Corporation since 2013, I believe Disney is hesitant to use it in merchandise and marketing for fear of having to pay a fee to that company.

I didn't realize it, but that company officially changed its name to the TCL Chinese Theatre recently. How unfortunate.

In any case, I wouldn't expect that to become the icon on things that are sold. It still remains visible on signage and the green garbage cans throughout the park, but when it comes to shirts, etc, I wouldn't count on it. Much easier, legally speaking anyway, for Disney to stick with icons it owns, as long is stops tearing them down (Earful Tower, Sorcerer Hat, etc.)

May be a half hearted thought, but what if the Turnstiles are the icon? Perhaps those could stand out, if touched up correctly?

Because I would think they'd either do that, or Crossroad's.

This year's 2018 products are using the entrance turnstiles as the icon:

View attachment 6034
Photo by: @marianaavilal
Which is just the facade from a different LA Theater, The Pan Pacific Auditorium.

Pan_Pacific_1940.jpg