Disney's Hollywood Studios (General Discussion) | Page 121 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney's Hollywood Studios (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Use this guy and be done with it:
View attachment 6037

Since this is already DCA-East, just use the casting from this thing and plop it in front of Mickey ride:
wal118935LARGE.jpg

Since this is already DCA-East, just use the casting from this thing and plop it in front of Mickey ride:
wal118935LARGE.jpg
No, no, no - that would be disrespectful to Walt considering every ride in the park besides Mickey will be based off of a third party/Iger purchase except for Mickey.

Oh, and the ride isn't even featuring Walt's Mickey. It's featuring Iger's Mickey.

Reactions: jtsalien
It's hilarious how this company drowns in a glass of water. DCA is the equivalent of DHS, they look alike in many ways. Just call it Disney's Hollywood Adventure. It won't confuse the public with a brand new name, it will make sense due to it's resemblance to DCA and most importantly it gets rid of the main reason for the name change, the "Studios" word on it. This is DHA, you enter "Hollywood Blvd" you turn right "Sunset Blvd", you can see Hollywood/LA theme around Echo Lake. Heading towards SW:GE you got Grand Ave... So honestly this is our DCA but ours is more focus on Hollywood and LA, so .... there it is DHA. but that's too simple so let's just waste money on creating a totally brand new name for totally old park with a facelift.

It's hilarious how this company drowns in a glass of water. DCA is the equivalent of DHS, they look alike in many ways. Just call it Disney's Hollywood Adventure. It won't confuse the public with a brand new name, it will make sense due to it's resemblance to DCA and most importantly it gets rid of the main reason for the name change, the "Studios" word on it. This is DHA, you enter "Hollywood Blvd" you turn right "Sunset Blvd", you can see Hollywood/LA theme around Echo Lake. Heading towards SW:GE you got Grand Ave... So honestly this is our DCA but ours is more focus on Hollywood and LA, so .... there it is DHA. but that's too simple so let's just waste money on creating a totally brand new name for totally old park with a facelift.

Issue I've raised is there's another park down the road that ends in Adventure. I understand there were two studios parks but both did have the owner's name in the main title.

Issue I've raised is there's another park down the road that ends in Adventure. I understand there were two studios parks but both did have the owner's name in the main title.

well that didn't stop SF from calling it Magic Mountain. some words are just generic... Adventure, Experience, Land, Gardens, Studios, Woods, Action, ect... and thanks to Disney we can include Magic, and Kingdom. As long it doesn't interfere with the "Key" word "in this case Hollywood" then it should be ok. Back in the MGM days "Studios" was the key word but not anymore, now it is the problem... So I just thought it was an easy change without much change or confusion.... Now! if I would have recommended, Disney's Hollywood Islands, then that's would be different. I get your point though, I just don't want them to try to be too unique and end up with a dumb name. like they almost did.

Actually I just realized the one problem with this park is that the word "Studios" was the one that got stuck in guest heads. I don't usually call parks by their full name, I use "Islands", "Busch", "Studios" for both UO and WDW, "Animal" ect...

DHS has always stuck stuck in my head. I've always referred to it as DHS when speaking. I don't recall ever actually saying Disney Hollywood Studios.

well that didn't stop SF from calling it Magic Mountain. some words are just generic... Adventure, Experience, Land, Gardens, Studios, Woods, Action, ect... and thanks to Disney we can include Magic, and Kingdom. As long it doesn't interfere with the "Key" word "in this case Hollywood" then it should be ok. Back in the MGM days "Studios" was the key word but not anymore, now it is the problem... So I just thought it was an easy change without much change or confusion.... Now! if I would have recommended, Disney's Hollywood Islands, then that's would be different. I get your point though, I just don't want them to try to be too unique and end up with a dumb name. like they almost did.

It's not Magic Kingdom in Cali, it's Disneyland.

It's not Magic Kingdom in Cali, it's Disneyland.

Officially, yes, you’re are absolutely right, but in Walt’s head, it was the Magic Kingdom. He even referred to the lands as “Realms”. For what I understand the name Magic Kingdom didn’t have much pull, because back in the 50’s, what was the meaning of MK anyway? It meant nothing. So I believe it was Roy who wanted a strong brand, something familiar to millions and that was the Disney last name. Disneyland, everyone knew that name… also back then they didn’t know they were going to keep expanding, which it opposite from the Florida Project. That’s why they made sure they introduce the land as WDW and the park as MK, because there was more to come. But even today many tourists still referring to MK as Disney World or just simply Disney, even though there’s a huge MK sign at the entrance. I guess the decade it took to open Epcot Center absorbed the MK name once again.

Reactions: Sergio Araujo
Officially, yes, you’re are absolutely right, but in Walt’s head, it was the Magic Kingdom. He even referred to the lands as “Realms”. For what I understand the name Magic Kingdom didn’t have much pull, because back in the 50’s, what was the meaning of MK anyway? It meant nothing. So I believe it was Roy who wanted a strong brand, something familiar to millions and that was the Disney last name. Disneyland, everyone knew that name… also back then they didn’t know they were going to keep expanding, which it opposite from the Florida Project. That’s why they made sure they introduce the land as WDW and the park as MK, because there was more to come. But even today many tourists still referring to MK as Disney World or just simply Disney, even though there’s a huge MK sign at the entrance. I guess the decade it took to open Epcot Center absorbed the MK name once again.

:saywhat:

That’s not exactly how it goes. :lol:

well that didn't stop SF from calling it Magic Mountain. some words are just generic... Adventure, Experience, Land, Gardens, Studios, Woods, Action, ect... and thanks to Disney we can include Magic, and Kingdom. As long it doesn't interfere with the "Key" word "in this case Hollywood" then it should be ok.

I usually just lurk, but had to chime in on this one.
Interesting idea but trust me, no one out here confuses Magic Mountain with Disneyland. No one calls Disneyland the Magic Kingdom either. No one from L.A. ever has. And Magic Mountain was not built by Six Flags, or named by Six Flags. It was built by Newhall Land and Farming in 1971 and sold to Six Flags in 1978 and has been going downhill ever since.

I personally like the name Hollywood Studios and I'm glad it appears to be staying. It works for that park.

I usually just lurk, but had to chime in on this one.
Interesting idea but trust me, no one out here confuses Magic Mountain with Disneyland. No one calls Disneyland the Magic Kingdom either. No one from L.A. ever has. And Magic Mountain was not built by Six Flags, or named by Six Flags. It was built by Newhall Land and Farming in 1971 and sold to Six Flags in 1978 and has been going downhill ever since.

I personally like the name Hollywood Studios and I'm glad it appears to be staying. It works for that park.
:doh: what I was trying to point out.... oh nevermind!