Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Disney's Hollywood Studios (General Discussion)

It's not like Disney is beyond making the food higher quality/ a better value if they want to. They can pack a place at will if people are talking about it.

PizzeRizzo is the same pizzas they use for room service at most of the resorts, but at least it’s crispy, probably cooked in a pizza oven from PizzeRizzo. Mine from Coronado Springs last week delivered to the room was like rubber. So apparently, those little personal pizzas could be even worse.

I think it's due to the location and horrible food. Only time people go back there is for Muppet Vision, and most people don't even attend it. Pizza Planet WAS ALWAYS packed. Shocked that they didn't create Pizza Planet for TSL... it'd be very popular.

Why’d they get rid of Pizza Planet in the first place?
Mix of reasons. Probably mainly since they were doing a Toy Story Land on other side of the park, plus this keeps Grand Avenue and Muppets more cohesive, and then there’s the reason no one talks about: Disney removed all arcade games that you could earn any type of prizes from the entire resort. No crane machines, or ticket games anywhere. That’s why the Space Mountain arcade closed as well. And resorts only have non-prize games now (mostly classic arcade machines). Many believe this was in response to tighter restrictions on what could be considered “gambling” in Florida... although it hasn’t stopped Universal or Dave & Busters from keeping theirs, so probably has more to do with Disney pushing for tighter restrictions on “gambling” in central Florida without looking like hypocrites, but that's just my guess.

I'll just go into old man mode and say that Star Wars better live up to the hype (although that seems impossible) and I better get some kind of Indy expansion if they get rid of another classic attraction like Muppet Vision. Maybe they should have just torn up the entire park entirely...

The Indiana Jones ride/land rumor is beginning to circulate again. As much as I'd love to see an IJ ride/themed land, I'm not holding my breath. Plus the article came from Orlando Weekly so y'all already know. :thud:

Haven't we know for like 8 months that the DAK plan for Indy was killed and that he would be getting an expanded presence in DHS?

I'm sure someone said that here.
I think so, but don't remember whom. I reported that in my latest Animal Kingdom video, so I must've heard it somewhere.

Collective hallucination.

We all made it up in our minds.

I mean, it is possible of course, and seems like something Disney would do. They're utilizing Cars and Incredibles at DHS next year, along side Toy Story Land... And the park already has both Indy and Star Wars... Seems like they should just rename it to Pixar-Lucas Adventure Park and go all in.

The rumor comes directly from the magic boards.

Personally, I'd be surprised Disney is about to drop another large amount of money on a new land in a park they are already spending a fortune on.

I do agree it needs it though. TSL, SWL, and MM are not enough.