Disney's Hollywood Studios (General Discussion) | Page 138 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney's Hollywood Studios (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It's all doom and gloom with you

I enjoyed Murder She Wrote Theater and the 3 hour long MGM Tram Tour

Hey, I have an incredibly sunny disposition for a Satanist. I don't mean attractions, I meant the whole "working studio/Hollywood East" gimmick. It seems to me that that was doomed from the start, and they would have been better off faking it.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Hey, I have an incredibly sunny disposition for a Satanist. I don't mean attractions, I meant the whole "working studio/Hollywood East" gimmick. It seems to me that that was doomed from the start, and they would have been better off faking it.
I'm kidding...you're my favorite Satanist

Also, yes, the concept is uber 80s/90s...Deconstruction of the themed environment to show you behind the curtain has fizzled out...People want the fantasy back

I'm kidding...you're my favorite Satanist

Also, yes, the concept is uber 80s/90s...Deconstruction of the themed environment to show you behind the curtain has fizzled out...People want the fantasy back
Well yeah. DVD special features killed a lot of the magic of moviemakojgm, and now it's nerds at computer stations anyway.

Reactions: truejonas
Orlando's two "studios" parks have changed-over virtually their entire opening year lineups.
The difference between USF and MGM/DHS is that because of the location that USF built their soundstages (they don’t impede on the park), they’re still able to use them for production to this day. DHS has long since abandoned that idea.

I have no strong feelings about the whole "working studio AND theme park!" thing. I'm much more broken up about great attractions no longer in either park.
I don't have strong feelings about it either. My point is that USF was built a lot smarter in regards to separating the theme park and the soundstages. DHS had to either demolish or convert their Soundstages because they were placed right in the middle of the park and not off to the side. DHS was also never set up for long term success like USF was in terms of the studio as DHS had a very small amount of Soundstages. USF had a substantial number from the jump with a convenient layout.

I'll miss the great rides not in USF and The Great Movie Ride. MGM never had any great rides that are now closed besides GMR. The original Studio Backlot Tour was cool, but the 2 hour version lasted only a year or two before it started to get cut down and it was really one of the only things to do in the park at the time. It also took up a crazy amount of land that's now being put to much better use.

EDIT:

Last edited:
I just heard the strangest rumor...there's apparently talk of adding a clone California Screamin' to DHS.

I can't imagine they would, but who knows the way things are going at Disney now. It would be a fast, cheap addition to the park and give them much needed capacity for those thousands of extra guests coming soon...

I just heard the strangest rumor...there's apparently talk of adding a clone California Screamin' to DHS.

I can't imagine they would, but who knows the way things are going at Disney now. It would be a fast, cheap addition to the park and give them much needed capacity for those thousands of extra guests coming soon...
It would be a fast and cheap way for them to get The Incredibles in the park. Although a third coaster - all three being launch coasters - seems like it would be a weird addition.

If they were to do this as an expansion on the backstage land behind animation then I’d be for it though.

I think the idea was talked about a while ago as a blue sky idea for DHS but never a rumour so this is interesting. It's a perfect fit for the area where Indy is just now.

It would be a fast and cheap way for them to get The Incredibles in the park. Although a third coaster - all three being launch coasters - seems like it would be a weird addition.

If they were to do this as an expansion on the backstage land behind animation then I’d be for it though.

3 launch coasters in a single park would be madness. Hulk, Potter and JP.

Reactions: Magic-Man
Maybe DHS is going in a new direction as the thrill seeker / teenager park.

that's how I always thought of the park. A direct response to Universal. Slightly more thrilling rides then the rest of the parks.
Yeah, I’ve always thought of it as Disney’s more thrilling park. All of the new additions this year are more moderate thrill, all ages accessible for the most part though, which is actually a healthy change for the park imo.