Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Disney's Hollywood Studios (General Discussion)

:lol:

I hadn't been on the ride in a good 3 years, but man does it just feel stuck in the 90s/early 2000s. I definitely think it's time for a refresh/re imagining
I fear them going the cheap way out and retheming it to Incredibles or Cars. I would hate for that to be the way they choose to implement as an “E-ticket” attraction for either IP in Florida. But with that Cars show moving in next door, I really wonder...

They should pick a new band and theme it to them, or do a more general ride with multiple bands.

I don't think multiple bands will work as Disney seem to be cracking down on using outside license or they go internal and I don't think the 'Rock 'n' Roller Coaster Starring The Jonas Brothers' will be such a big hit.

The members of Aerosmith can’t live forever, it’s only a matter of time until they refurbish it into another IP.

Incredibles seems too kid friendly of an IP for a roller coaster with a height requirement. I would wager on an unused marvel property or some other property that’s geared more towards teens.

Rock music is pretty much dead in the public eye. I can’t inagine another band that could take Aerosmith’s place and keep a mainstream appeal.

Rockin' Roller Coaster - Featuring Menken and Ashman (with some Slater).

Gotta use those IPs.

EDIT - Then build a tea-party spinner next to it called "On the Record." Make it a Disney Music plaza.

Yeah, I'm aware. It's weird to me. I'd also argue Disney wouldn't make two separate roller-coasters with the same IP, but who knows.

Will the ride end with Adam Levine taking his shirt off?

I agree, I think it's weird too. The problem with the coaster is that I don't think Disney really have a suitable IP that will work as a replacement that they can use in DHS. The version in Paris is getting changed to Iron Man IIRC, there's been rumours for ages about a Captain America coaster based on this coaster heading to DCA.

Dick Tracy can finally get his attraction :lol:

If only.

Incredibles seems too kid friendly of an IP for a roller coaster with a height requirement.

A reworked clone of the Incredicoaster would work really well for that area. At least Incredibles has some of the same kind of period setting that Sunset Boulevard has.

Then they can just move all the Municiberg stuff they have up now over to the RNRC plaza.