Disney's Hollywood Studios (General Discussion) | Page 145 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney's Hollywood Studios (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The members of Aerosmith can’t live forever, it’s only a matter of time until they refurbish it into another IP.
They don't need to be alive, Disney even has ride with Lincoln. :p

Rock music is pretty much dead in the public eye.
No Ò-Ó
Now seriously, I wouldn't say rock is dead, but I can agree that it isn't the most popular genre currently. But to be fair, the idea of having "more modern" music is more impossible of keeping than Tomorrowland or Future World, which we known Disnet won't update as frequently as the would need. XD
If they really remove Aerosmith I don't think they will keep it music themed(even tho my dream is a land or even entire park dedicated to music, like the poorly timed Hard Rock Park), because they will want to cut licensing fees not increase it.

I can’t inagine another band that could take Aerosmith’s place and keep a mainstream appeal.
I can think of a couple, but not that I think it will happen, even more because half of them were approached but didn't work a deal years ago. XD

Basically my opinion comes down to a discussion I saw a lot on the Blue Sky thread: the theme of the ride is just a fraction of the ride, what really matters is it's quality. The IP is great to place it on an billboard and convince people to go yo the park, but I don't think having Kanye would make it any better than Aerosmith. So when Disney inevitably rmoves Aerosmith of the ride, they will probably just slap one of their own IPs and say: "S Y N E R G Y".

Yup, round and round we go.

I think we all agree DHS will be a mess as far as crowds go and will still need a lot of help. However, the quality of the rides in the park will be very high.
It’s a shame Disney isn’t listening to its fans....or imagineers/people in the know...DHS will remain a mess for years to come if they don’t start working on additional projects.

Reactions: Quint
More than anything, they need to fix the traffic issues. When Star Wars opens this park will be an even bigger cluster F than it is because the streets are too narrow for the volume of guests they get now, let alone another 10-20,000 extra every day. They should have long ago made those backstage spokes off of the Crossroads of the World (Prospect Ave) open to guests full time. Google Maps

There is no reason or excuse why the guests leaving Fantasmic are routed through a backstage area every night. Opening that walkway would alleviate a lot of traffic and help with the dead end issue on Sunset Boulevard. It would also funnel some of the traffic out to the sides on the busier days rather than routing all guests up the central street.

Reactions: SeventyOne
It’s a shame Disney isn’t listening to its fans....or imagineers/people in the know...DHS will remain a mess for years to come if they don’t start working on additional projects.
Disney know they have to fix that park. @Marni1971 said plans were already in the works because of the realization of the potential overcrowding due to SW:GE.

More than anything, they need to fix the traffic issues. When Star Wars opens this park will be an even bigger cluster F than it is because the streets are too narrow for the volume of guests they get now, let alone another 10-20,000 extra every day. They should have long ago made those backstage spokes off of the Crossroads of the World (Prospect Ave) open to guests full time. Google Maps

There is no reason or excuse why the guests leaving Fantasmic are routed through a backstage area every night. Opening that walkway would alleviate a lot of traffic and help with the dead end issue on Sunset Boulevard. It would also funnel some of the traffic out to the sides on the busier days rather than routing all guests up the central street.
Yeah, if they did like the did with the MK bypass and themed it up and opened it to guests, it would help a lot imo. Problem is they would have be spending money on something that doesn’t provide a ROI, which they don’t like to do.

Only when absolutely forced will they do it. It took close to 45 years for them to do it at MK.

I was thinking is there even enough space in HS for three more full sized lands ??
There's enough room for at least two more (where Indy/Backlot Express is and behind the Animation building there's enough room for at least one more land).

They also have room to expand the park into the parking lot if they ever were to run out of in park space. The new CM parking lot right next to SWGE could easily integrate it to become part of the park some day. But that day is WAY down the line before it ever becomes necessary. They still have a lot of work to do within the current park boundaries.