Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Disney's Hollywood Studios (General Discussion)

<a href=""></a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Mickey, Minnie, Woody, Jessie, Buzz, Olaf and BB-8.

Olaf is interesting, is Arendelle coming to Hollywood Studios?

*edit, how do you embed tweets properly? Sorry I can't seem figure it out.

Arendelle is something that SHOULD be a land, but they already screwed up by throwing the IP in Norway. It also doesn't seem like they have any better ideas for a Frozen ride since all of the lands around the globe being built are getting what is essentially a clone of Frozen Ever After, probably with some slight upgrades since it's not being squeezed into a pre-existing building. So i'm gonna say no, it's not coming to DHS.

Besides, Olaf is available as a meetable character in the park and the Frozen sing-a-long is in the park as well, so it's not like DHS doesn't have any Frozen representation.

In the end what does it really matter? It’s just reference for guests to remember where they parked.

It really doesn't matter, but it just seemed odd to me.

But yeah, it feels like people are going to have an easier way remembering where they park by using characters rather than generic terms. I've always hated parking at SeaWorld because it's one giant lot without any physical divisions and the names for each section are interchangeable words (like Discovery or Education).

The usage of Olaf would imply to be that Disney is not planning on getting rid of the Frozen show in this park any time soon.

Unfortunately.
The show pulls in excellent GSATs, so i'd be surprised if it left. Especially since the other attempts at shows were failures in recent memory before this. The only show that worked there is SuperStar Television.

HOWEVER, just because they named a part of the parking lot after a Frozen character doesn't mean the show is safe. I think they chose based on relevant and marketable Disney characters. Of course, with the show being popular with families and cheap to operate, of course it's gonna stick around, especially with Frozen 2 coming out this year.

I think DHS will always have something Frozen related, though, even if the sing-a-long goes away. I just sort of wish DHS would build a theater on the scale of the one DCA has and put on a really good theme park musical like the Frozen Musical or Aladdin one prior to it out there. It would be higher capacity and the appeal would be much broader as the sing-a-long really is only something that parents go to so they can sit down and their young kid can have a little fun.

The show is definitely not my cup of tea, and I generally like musical shows at DISNEY. . However, it seems incredibly popular with families that have young children. When I've seen the show, with packed theaters, those little ones are standing on their seats, completely mesmerized, belting out Let It Go and the other songs, all of which they've clearly memorized the lyrics to. For Disney, this show seems to be a home run, so I would very much doubt it's going away, or should go away, in the near future. This show is for the little ones, their moms and dads, and that's how it should be judged.

This show is for the little ones, their moms and dads, and that's how it should be judged.

I don't have kids and it's my favorite thing in the park. Never underestimate the appeal of live performers given a chance to improv. But I do agree with your other points as well. Probably bound to be one of those things the general public loves and the "cool kid" fans hate.

In other news, we have another 30th anniversary logo, and it seems to be an all-encompassing one for the park...
D1ytbQwX4AE2Lxt.jpg

I love that Kermit's on there, but I REALLY wish Olaf and Edna were replaced with Indiana Jones and an OT SW character like Darth Vader or Yoda. I would even accept Kylo Ren.

In other news, we have another 30th anniversary logo, and it seems to be an all-encompassing one for the park...
D1ytbQwX4AE2Lxt.jpg

I love that Kermit's on there, but I REALLY wish Olaf and Edna were replaced with Indiana Jones and an OT SW character like Darth Vader or Yoda. I would even accept Kylo Ren.
They need to have all the cute characters on there so they can sell more plush lol

And in the process they're keeping my money in my wallet!

Really, though, it would be so easy to have multiple versions of that design. Ones that are more targeted to the children, and ones that are more targeted to adult fans of the park.

D1ytbQwX4AE2Lxt.jpg

Soooo, will these be the new parking lot characters? Have those been announced?

I don't know if this is the best thread, but it does pop into my head a bit more.

If Disney wants to do a cheap and easy change for the 50th of WDW, why don't they just reconvert the entire RNRC area/coaster, into a form of Cars based attraction/area? I would imagine they wouldn't have to do much, outside of a few things of note; and it could be an easy way to get people over to that section of the park.