Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Disney's Hollywood Studios (General Discussion)

So with Rise opening in a few days and the opening date now set for MMRR, the "overhaul" will now be complete at DHS. Now the question is if they are going to continue investment into the park (which it still sorely needs) or just let it sit for awhile. Both DAK and DHS need major additions despite the shiny new toys both parks have received over the past few years.

This investment to the park was a great start, but for DHS specifically, areas like Echo Lake and Animation Courtyard still need major help, Fantasmic needs an update at the very least (although it has been on the chopping block for park expansion in the not too distant past), RNRC needs a retheme, etc. DHS is a park that will potentially have a collection of many of the best rides not only in WDW, but in Orlando (ToT, Rise, MMRR), however much like DCA, the park is still in desperate need of further additions.
Sadly the Mickey theater replacing path of the Jedi is their idea of fixing Echo Lake for awhile.

I’d like to see Launch Bay and surrounding area leveled for another Pixar land next... but with more Epcot changes and then another E-Ticket rumored for DAK it could be a lotta years before they revisit DHS for anything big again.

Sadly the Mickey theater replacing path of the Jedi is their idea of fixing Echo Lake for awhile.

I’d like to see Launch Bay and surrounding area leveled for another Pixar land next... but with more Epcot changes and then another E-Ticket rumored for DAK it could be a lotta years before they revisit DHS for anything big again.

It's impressive how bad of a park DHS was that nearly 3/4 of it was totally redone and it still needs major help.

Planning on going back to Walt Disney World in the spring so it'll be the first time I experience Toy Story Land, Star Wars Land (Batuu) and now it seems like Mickey and Minnie will be open!! Quite the drastic change since the last time I was there :lol:
Yes, it was good to see the park in good shape again when I was there a couple of weeks ago, and that was without RotR & Mickey yet. Toy Story Land also was much better than when I experienced it in the high heat and humidity the first time last year. Amazing how much improved the land without shade is, when you have more comfortable temperatures.

If you're going by that then I don't think TSM belongs in the conversation anymore. It's an easy ride to get FP for and wait times are around 35-45 minutes much of the time now.
Yes, that's true. Big difference from where it was a couple of years ago. SDD kind of replaced TSM's hard to get on metrics.

I remember the days before FP+ where people would stampede to the Fastpass distribution booths for TSM at opening bc that was your only chance to get on without waiting 180 minutes. Of course, as stated, it was only as popular as it was due to the set of circumstances surrounding it's situation. The ride opened in 2008 and TSL didn't open until 2018 and now SR, RotR and MMRR are all following very quickly. It went from the "new ride" for TEN YEARS, to now just being a complimentary attraction in a park with quite a few heavy hitters.

It’ll be interesting to see how TSL waits get with Mickey opening also.

DHS is going to suffer a bit from “DAK syndrome”. Too many Es and too little filler.