Disney's Hollywood Studios (General Discussion) | Page 30 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney's Hollywood Studios (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
How in the blue hell does the story and setting even remotely work? It's about an adventurer and explorer living in a jungle and his pet monkey releases Pandora's Box.

Besides, it's not happening. It's an HKDL exclusive for a long, long time.

Sounds like a hit blockbuster to me :lol: But yeah, there's no chance this is coming.

I feel like Carsland would be a huge slap in the face to every visitor at DHS. While I think it's underrated, it's still a mess and adding a completely out-of-theme, unoriginal expansion like that basically communicates to the guests that Disney doesn't care about a cohesive theme park experience, just making money. The biggest area in the studio park should not be an Arizona desert town...with what money they'd use to build Carsland I'd rather see an overhaul of the park or something original and in theme with the movie studio aspect of DHS.

Your ok with the random hotel? Or a desert outpost in Mos Espa? Or the fact that you go from Hollywood buildings to the jungle of the Indiana Jones show? That on the streets of america there is a giant Lights, Motors, Action marquee. This park abandoned what little cohesive theme it had long ago. Don't get me wrong, it's got some good rides, good entertainment, good theming. But don't claim it's cohesive.

At best you could claim the theme of the studios is the entertainment industry (the kind of stuff a real studio would produce, such as film, audio and tv). And cars (of course being a movie) falls right into that category. Any attempt to classify cars not fitting in means we should quickly be removing TSM, kiss any chance of a monsters inc coaster goodbye, kill the little mermaid show, take out the Disney Jr show, and probably the whole animation area while we're at it. And if we're going to stick to the movie studio theme then rockin roller coaster and AI should be out (they deal in music not movies).

Sorry about bringing this up again, but Florida already has a Mystic Manor. It's in MK. The Haunted Mansion? Since Hong Kong doesn't have a Haunted Mansion, they built Mystic Manor. Absolutely no reason to bring it into DHS. It's either Cars Land or bust for DHS expansion.

Sorry about bringing this up again, but Florida already has a Mystic Manor. It's in MK. The Haunted Mansion? Since Hong Kong doesn't have a Haunted Mansion, they built Mystic Manor. Absolutely no reason to bring it into DHS. It's either Cars Land or bust for DHS expansion.

Mystic Manor and HM will be very, very different. It's not like Phantom Manor and HM where PM is basically the same minus a few small scene changes

Just DO SOMETHING....DHS needs a revamp in the worst way. Walk into the park, turn right, its awesome.....go straight....its cool....turn left....and besides star wars.......wut?

Gotta give us something to make it worth 90$ and not just a couple hours inbetween MK and Epcot on the park hopper.

If you've never done DHS there's a day there given you have to wait in line. But the park has always been light on things to do. It's a small park.

That being said there are some things that could use fixing before new stuff comes in (or to make space for new stuff):

-Indy could use a complete re-write, something fresh.
-Great Movie ride could use a refresh, maybe bring some new sets in (and also get rid of the hat)
-The backlot tour needs to go at this point. It's been cut back and cut back. The only other way to save it would be to take the studio next door and incorporate some movie magic aspect to it, maybe find some more space on the backlot to drive around on. But there was a time when the only way to see the streets of america was to ride the backlot tour. And it was actually interesting and took a chunk of the day.
- They really need to give up on this whole walt disney display and the rotating movie display taking place in the sound stage between TSM and the Mermaide show. The guests don't care about the disney display and end up disappointed by the movie display.
- The Mermaid show needs to go big or go home. They need to take it up to Nemo quality (maybe using some of the space next door) or take it out.
- The animation courtyard isn't well visited and keeps getting cut back.

If you've never done DHS there's a day there given you have to wait in line. But the park has always been light on things to do. It's a small park.

That being said there are some things that could use fixing before new stuff comes in (or to make space for new stuff):

-Indy could use a complete re-write, something fresh.
-Great Movie ride could use a refresh, maybe bring some new sets in (and also get rid of the hat)
-The backlot tour needs to go at this point. It's been cut back and cut back. The only other way to save it would be to take the studio next door and incorporate some movie magic aspect to it, maybe find some more space on the backlot to drive around on. But there was a time when the only way to see the streets of america was to ride the backlot tour. And it was actually interesting and took a chunk of the day.
- They really need to give up on this whole walt disney display and the rotating movie display taking place in the sound stage between TSM and the Mermaide show. The guests don't care about the disney display and end up disappointed by the movie display.
- The Mermaid show needs to go big or go home. They need to take it up to Nemo quality (maybe using some of the space next door) or take it out.
- The animation courtyard isn't well visited and keeps getting cut back.

1. Indy needs to go completely imo, as well as LMA. they're both taking up precious space. though, i do think there should be at least one epic stunt show somewhere in the park.
2. i agree completely with that, both of them really.
3. again, agree completely. just take it out of its misery and use that whole area for Pixar Place.
4. that'll never happen. i mean logically it makes sense, but the Imagineers will never be willing to take it out. they'd probably be swayed to move it, but not get rid of it.
5. again i agree completely, though i just think Mermaid should go period. i don't think it can be saved tbh.
6. Animation Courtyard needs to become a major scene for cartoons in Disney, it needs a ride that brings excitement and cool visuals to a whole new level (which is an idea i've probably repeated the most times here), where it's a thrill ride, but not rough enough for kids to not enjoy it and it takes you into the environment of your favorite Disney movies. sort of like Forbidden Journey, but not really. i feel like Disney parks in general lack a definite DISNEY ride. something that incorporates and represents Disney movies in whole. and updating the movies used in the ride could be put on an easy set so every year or so there's a new Disney hit animated movie added via characters. seriously, it adds to MGM's resume of interesting and unique attractions and thrilling rides as well.

6. Animation Courtyard needs to become a major scene for cartoons in Disney, it needs a ride that brings excitement and cool visuals to a whole new level (which is an idea i've probably repeated the most times here), where it's a thrill ride, but not rough enough for kids to not enjoy it and it takes you into the environment of your favorite Disney movies. sort of like Forbidden Journey, but not really. i feel like Disney parks in general lack a definite DISNEY ride. something that incorporates and represents Disney movies in whole. and updating the movies used in the ride could be put on an easy set so every year or so there's a new Disney hit animated movie added via characters. seriously, it adds to MGM's resume of interesting and unique attractions and thrilling rides as well.

I agree with this, definitely, I can just imagine a nice dark ride, or they could export animagique from Paris. That could be a good way to get people back there.

I think one of the main problems for DHS is that this Backlot Tour landlocks it from making any major changes or expansions. What would need to be done (call me crazy) is to demolish smaller buildings here and there to make path ways for this huge area of space. Because the LM has it's own attraction at MK, it's safe to let go of the show. that being said, I think the building for it could be demolished...

New rumor regarding Star Wars from Screamscape:

???? - Star Wars Land - Rumor - (3/18/13) For months we’ve heard rumors that Disneyland Paris was looking into building a mini Star Wars Land project as a spin-off of their Star Tours ride (still running Version 1 by the way…) inside Discoveryland. I had also heard some early rumors claiming that a similar plan may have been talked about for Hong Kong Disneyland as well, though now it seems that they will move ahead with a Marvel themed land instead.
With Disney’s Hollywood Studios being the center of the Star Wars Fan Universe for about a month each and every year during the annual Star Wars Weekends events, it would only make sense if Disney were to try and expand their Star Wars themed offerings, wouldn’t you think? The problem as always been space… as the Studios park was not really designed with huge expansion capability in mind, beyond Sunset Blvd, and really was pigeonholed into a corner by nature of its location between World Drive and Buena Vista Drive. The oddly placed parking toll road to the south and a really strange parking lot layout intended to serve both a portion of the Cast Members and Guests as well was just the icing on the cake.
Without expansion being options being mostly off the table, the only way to expand the Star Wars offerings of the Studios would really seem to be to start making some dramatic changes inside the park’s boundaries. MuppetVision and the themed New York streets are located just behind Star Tours and to the right side of Star Tours, while to the left side is the large Backlot Express restaurant and then the Indiana Jones Show area. So it is pretty landlocked unless Disney is willing to star removing something to make room.
In today’s news entry up above regarding the closure of the park’s big parade, there is also a rumor that the Parade Float building may also be removed to make room for a new future project. The parade building in question is located, I believe, essentially right behind the Backlot Express restaurant. This is only an ‘IF’ right now, but IF they were to remove the Backlot Express and clear out the property all the way from there back to the Parade Float building, that would open up a fairly large space where they could possibly build a new Star Wars themed mini-land that could include the often rumored Star Wars Cantina restaurant project proposed for Paris.
There are no rock solid rumors on this yet, but with the Walt Disney World parks blocked from ever putting the Marvel characters to use, it would only make sense that the Studios try to take as much advantage of the Star Wars franchise as they can. And who knows… if they really have some big ideas for a major new attraction as well, there is always a ton of extra space they could work with if they closed down the Indiana Jones stunt show as well.

I'd love Star Wars...but don't hold your breath.

Disney has shut everything down at Lucas that isn't focused on the new trilogy, and they won't build a ride for Star Wars until that new trilogy is out and a success.