1. Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Make sure to sign up and join the community! It's fast, free, and easy! DO IT!

Disney's Hollywood Studios Overhaul

Discussion in 'Disney's Hollywood Studios' started by JungleSkip, Jul 31, 2012.

1. jtsalien

jtsalien Hello. I'm the Doctor. Basically, run. Premium Member

It's either a hoax, or another major announcement regarding CM costumes for FLE. So either way, I'll pass.

2. slappybob

slappybob Member

Idk if im in the minority here but who actually gives a flying Dumbos terd to what CMs were?

3. Nick

Nick Staff Member Moderator

It's not a website. It's an app (used by many, although not as needed anymore with WDW's new app) created by Len Testa and used injunction with touring plans.

4. Splatter

Splatter Veteran Member

If it was anything more than thought of the company doing(which they have since they think of virtually any possibility) than we would of heard about them making a big deal of future plans by now. They like to do that way before groundbreaking when making such a big investment. Just like DCA's rennovations did and of course, Avatar.(which is so far before things were even past blue sky)

5. Joe

Joe aka TestTrack321 Staff Member Moderator

It makes no sense for an announcement anytime soon. Approval would come in the next few weeks, then probably an announcement in October around the time of FY2013 starting. Same for Avatarland details, or anything else.

Surprise!

6. Thor

Thor Veteran Member

The announcement is there is no announcement. All a hoax. Everyone can relax and go about your business.

7. Cecilia

Cecilia Member

"Keep Calm, and Carry On!"

8. slappybob

slappybob Member

"Everything's Gonna be Alright"

9. BJCool

BJCool Veteran Member

It seems to capitalize on this recent "Disney, please build something" hype among the fan community, Screamscape has written the following stating that yes, WDI is doing.......stuff. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Aug 6, 2012
  10. slappybob

slappybob Member

Oh how we can all dream. But if that was true Disney needs to worry about making Animal Kingdom becoming a full day park(and after Avatar I think we can consider Animal Kingdom a full park) and adding more rides/attractions to Hollywood Studios, and updating Epcot before they even consider making a Fifth park for WDW.

11. Brian G.

Brian G. Staff Member Administrator

I think a 5th park will never come to fruition.

12. jtsalien

jtsalien Hello. I'm the Doctor. Basically, run. Premium Member

While I don't necessarily believe any of that report to be true, I'd have to think that another park would be for a different resort.

13. Nick

Nick Staff Member Moderator

So according to a certain spirit's latest post:

- TDO Has acknowledged things need to be done and they are "running scared".
    - RSR is being looked at among other options for studios
    - There's a strong push to get it started by next fiscal year, and finished before Avatar.
    - This is also the reason Kathy Mangum is now living in Orlando
    - Profits, hotel occupancy (as low as 60%), DME, DDP are all down with more cuts to come before any improvements (hours, dining, hotels, merch, all around).
    - TDO and Burbank both pushing project.

That's the gist of it. A possible positive development in that at least they acknowledge that they can't just sit back and keep doing nothing. We'll see what happens, but this is at least good to hear.

14. Disneyhead

Disneyhead Veteran Member

I can see Carsland coming since TDO LOVES to save money on R&D. And given the scope of RSR/Carsland I can see that being the BIG thing coming to the studios. Pandora and Carsland would go a long way in bringing some glory back the the resort.

-----update------

OK, I take back what I said about Carsland. I am hearing Carsland is NOT coming to WDW. But that what is coming WILL be large in scope and will include several attraction. 2 of which will be "kid" friendly.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2012
  15. Joe

Joe aka TestTrack321 Staff Member Moderator

This is starting to mesh with some of the stuff I've been hearing. Thought the person I talk to was either crazy, misinformed, and/or spreading false rumors. No specifics, just that there are plans in motion now.

16. Disneyhead

Disneyhead Veteran Member

I have no IDEA what they are up to but what I would really love involves a volcano, a pirate ship, some mermaids and lots of STARSTUFF.

It would make sense to further flesh out PIXAR Place. But I don't think that fits in with their new philosophy of "whole lands' and large scope.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2012
  17. YETI PINTRADER

YETI PINTRADER Veteran Member

I'm thinking that RSR would be a part of Pixar place not it's own land. The small rides that are in carsland would be themed to other pixar films and the backlot restaurant would probably be rethemed as well.

18. CraigM

CraigM Rookie

All very interesting things and items. As much as I love going to WDW, they need to keep adding stuff. I know locals aren't the market for WDW, but they could definitely keep adding to their coffers by adding interesting things that draws locals and tourists year-round. The fact that TDO is worried now really confirms that something should be happening, especially at DHS. Which makes me as happy as could be. I think adding to Pixar Place is a good first step, but from there, I have no idea. It will be interesting, to say the least.

19. JungleSkip

JungleSkip Premium Member

Man, I felt the same exact way this past week. Whispers of "change" I discarded as wishful thinking. Yesterday's info was so illuminating.

20. slappybob

slappybob Member

I think Hollywood Studios should be made up of these properties: Pixar,Star Wars, Muppets, and Indiana Jones. But leave Sunset BLVD. alone thats the best part of Hollywood Studios in my opinion, Refurb Fantasmic and replace/refurb Beuty & the Beast.