Disney's Hollywood Studios (General Discussion) | Page 8 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney's Hollywood Studios (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
If Studios is getting a revamp, howz aboot this for an addition?

[video=youtube;rzsoUdo6vYg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzsoUdo6vYg[/video]

Would never happen in a million trillion years, but I would be more than delighted.

Walt Disney World should have NO clones. It's not as regional as all the other Disney Resorts. Few people are going to visit DLP and HKDL, or Disneyland and DLT. The fact of the matter is those parks are meant to be more of a regional Disney despite them having a significant pull. Walt Disney World, should be a Mecca, and isn't just pulling people from East of the Mississippi but is a international tourist destination.

In response to the closed door meetings at DAK, I would have loved to been in those meetings. I don't know Staggs or anything, but I would hope that someone is finally getting serious about WDW, primarily the parks. Something has to happen eventually or else they will continue down a slippery slope that they can't stop immediately. I know UNI/SW/LLF, etc. will never reach WDW-level, but I'm sure the narrowing of margins will alarm many. And it is already happening. They have grown complacent.

Something is going to happen. I have to imagine WDI is pushing big time and some of the larger shareholders are definitely getting involved in some discussions, including I would have to imagine, the second largest shareholder for WDC.

Walt Disney World should have NO clones. It's not as regional as all the other Disney Resorts. Few people are going to visit DLP and HKDL, or Disneyland and DLT. The fact of the matter is those parks are meant to be more of a regional Disney despite them having a significant pull. Walt Disney World, should be a Mecca, and isn't just pulling people from East of the Mississippi but is a international tourist destination.

I have to disagree. Some people only visit WDW and have no idea that Little Mermaid or Midway mania are already at DCA. I will admit however that there have been too many clones recently point being the two rids I just listed, even though I assume LM was designed with FLE in mind. WDW is the mecca, it shows off every part of the other parks and a bit more and most travelers won't know that this s anything but Disney.

RSR shouldn't be clone. It's supposed to be DCA's headliner. The thing that makes it the new park it is. Cloning it diminishes how big of a deal the redo was

I agree. I rather new experiences be developed, even if it means I'll have to buy a plane ticket to experience it. Transformers coming to USF, for example, basically makes another trip to USH unnecessary.

I have to disagree. Some people only visit WDW and have no idea that Little Mermaid or Midway mania are already at DCA. I will admit however that there have been too many clones recently point being the two rids I just listed, even though I assume LM was designed with FLE in mind. WDW is the mecca, it shows off every part of the other parks and a bit more and most travelers won't know that this s anything but Disney.

Of course there are people who visit only WDW or Disneyland. My point was that it's more likely for people to have visited Disneyland and Walt Disney World than it is for them to have visited Disneyland and Disneyland Tokyo. Clone all you want at regional parks but Walt Disney World is supposed to be the flagship of the company. Which I'm well aware is ironic considering they don't treat it as such.

So...I don't know the validity of this, so I hope Spirit pops his head in and has something to say about it.

Rumors have been swirling that Disney may be interested in buying LucasFilm. Again, dunno how legit it is so don't get overly excited. But I figured I'd share.

So...I don't know the validity of this, so I hope Spirit pops his head in and has something to say about it.

Rumors have been swirling that Disney may be interested in buying LucasFilm. Again, dunno how legit it is so don't get overly excited. But I figured I'd share.

Sounds massively untrue. LucasFilm works with practically all major film studios on their movies. If it were to happen, I assume it would mean that some of the best visual effects and special effects people in Hollywood who work for LucusFilm can now only work on Disney movies.

Also, I don't see the connection between this rumor and DCA's redo??? :lol:

Sounds massively untrue. LucasFilm works with practically all major film studios on their movies. If it were to happen, I assume it would mean that some of the best visual effects and special effects people in Hollywood who work for LucusFilm can now only work on Disney movies.

Also, I don't see the connection between this rumor and DCA's redo??? :lol:

Star Wars Land