Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Disney's Hollywood Studios (General Discussion)

JungleSkip

Premium Member
Feb 15, 2010
The Mushroom Kingdom
Rumor from another site:

Who is also paying attention to Anaheim’s radical attendance shift are the executives in Orlando. Imagineering, buoyed by the huge success of DCA’s extreme makeover, has put together a proposal to do the same type of massive multi-year makeover for the floundering Disney Hollywood Studios park out in Disney World. It may not get the nearly 1.5 Billion that was spent on DCA from 2007 to 2012 (with Midway Mania, Pixar Play Parade, and World of Color paid for separately and on top of the 1.2 Billion dedicated to the makeover), but Imagineering would love to tear in to DHS and give the muddled theme of that park a fresh start and new look, bolstered with at least one new mega E Ticket and a smattering of smaller rides.

Wish them luck though, as the TDO executives are already inquiring how the park makeover can be value engineered, what might be eliminated, and how it could all be stretched out over more fiscal years than WDI’s bold 3 year extreme makeover proposal. Sheesh.

Hopefully WDI/Burbank win out here. A dedicated DHS redo would work wonders for the resort.

We could probably get Carsland if they switch out RSR for a Cars themed spinner. And cut the other 2 D-Tickets. And, of course, multi-year the construction/phases. This decade they build the stuff on the right side of the street (Phase 1: Flo's V8 Cafe, Filmore's, and Sarge's) and next decade....cancel phase 2.

We could probably get Carsland if they switch out RSR for a Cars themed spinner. And cut the other 2 D-Tickets. And, of course, multi-year the construction/phases. This decade they build the stuff on the right side of the street (Phase 1: Flo's V8 Cafe, Filmore's, and Sarge's) and next decade....cancel phase 2.

:lol:

Basically what I'd expect at this time. But in all seriousness, let's say they do move ahead with it and it doesn't get cut to the bone. I could see California forcing something like this on them. What I would expect to see:

Pixar Place Expansion:
1) Radiator Springs Racers, or something similar. The ride was planned for the park, but TDO cut it. With how DHS and EPCOT have been struggling, I could see Burbank forcing this.
2) Monsters INC Coaster
3) Flat ride package. Either Carsland, Monsters, or Toy Story Playland themed

Muppet Studios:
1) Muppet Dark ride. Not the old concept, but something smaller to fit in Muppet Studios

Wow, WDI pushes for something and TDO immediately asks how to make it cheaper and cut corners.......for you Disney fanboys who think Disney can't do no wrong, TDO at its finest, RIGHT HERE! :mad:

I hope Cali smacks somebody up and wakes them the hell up.

FWIW, there shall be no mention of the site where that story is from on this site anymore. Bitter? Maybe. However I still have not received one word from them after my e-mail concerning the Great Deceiver, and I find that disrespectful.

I'll believe it when I see it.

But RSR, and anything else on top of it would be flat out amazing for the park and actually give a reason to go to the resort. Fingers crossed.

I'll believe it when I see it.

But RSR, and anything else on top of it would be flat out amazing for the park and actually give a reason to go to the resort. Fingers crossed.

The park needs a lot more than just that, though. I love DHS, but it definitely needs help.

Whatever they do.....I would like to see American Idol not there, anymore.

I think that's another area that could definitely end up with something if this comes through. With Sounds Dangerous closed, a nice sized dark ride could probably go there.

The park needs a lot more than just that, though. I love DHS, but it definitely needs help.

Of course. But it would be a better band aid and step in the right direction than the FLE.

- - - Updated - - -

I think that's another area that could definitely end up with something if this comes through. With Sounds Dangerous closed, a nice sized dark ride could probably go there.

*cough*MORE STAR WARS*cough*

Something else is all I ask for. :lol:

Eh. I don't really hate AIE. It was a dumb idea for a theme park operations wise, but it's a decent show.

- - - Updated - - -

Of course. But it would be a better band aid and step in the right direction than the FLE.

*cough*MORE STAR WARS*cough*

IDK how much better it would be than the FLE. If it was just RSRs, that's all we'd get for the next decade at DHS.

And Star Wars shouldn't come out that far, IMO. Use the Indy plot/parking lot for it. Don't intrude towards Hollywood.

IDK how much better it would be than the FLE. If it was just RSRs, that's all we'd get for the next decade at DHS.

And Star Wars shouldn't come out that far, IMO. Use the Indy plot/parking lot for it. Don't intrude towards Hollywood.

Well when I said and anything else on top of it, I assumed we'd get a couple other D or C+ tickets with it. Yes, just RSR would suck.

And should it? Probably not. Would I complain if it did? No way :lol:

Eh. I don't really hate AIE. It was a dumb idea for a theme park operations wise, but it's a decent show.

It's not terrible by any means, but it definitely isn't a long term option and I was never on-board with the decision. If last season was an indicator, the beginning of the end has begun. Either way, I prefer my karoake at Rising Star.

Doubt it will happen, but it would be awesome if it did, and wasn't cut down to the bone like it probably will. It's more than time for a full fledged Lucas-land, Pixar Place needs attractions, and with the Muppets becoming popular again it would be nice to see something new by Muppetvision.

I'd see the Ratatouille attraction under construction at DLP coming instead of RSR. Remember how much that sucker ended up running... TDO will have none of that.

I'd see the Ratatouille attraction under construction at DLP coming instead of RSR. Remember how much that sucker ended up running... TDO will have none of that.

If this does happen, it'll most likely be forced on them like the FLE was and they won't have a say.

I tend to agree though Rata will be cheaper and add sit-down dining capacity.