Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Disney's Hollywood Studios (General Discussion)

Not to mention a much smaller blueprint.

Size really isn't a problem when you have the Backlot Tour to demolish. But a package of the MI coaster, Ratatouille ride, maybe some sort of Up water ride(?) and a few flat rides along with a good aesthetics package for the whole park would do wonders.

Size really isn't a problem when you have the Backlot Tour to demolish. But a package of the MI coaster, Ratatouille ride, maybe some sort of Up water ride(?) and a few flat rides along with a good aesthetics package for the whole park would do wonders.

Not that I actually see any of this happening... but I always pictured an UP 3D ride featuring some sort of modified Soarin' tech.

Not that I actually see any of this happening... but I always pictured an UP 3D ride featuring some sort of modified Soarin' tech.

Personally, that was my dream if Avatar got cancelled. But since that isn't happening, I wouldn't mind an Up water ride. DHS needs one.

At least you'd be guaranteed things would always change.

Just not for the better :lol:

AAs and sets replaced by GREEN SCREENS!

I'd see the Ratatouille attraction under construction at DLP coming instead of RSR. Remember how much that sucker ended up running... TDO will have none of that.

Wouldn't Ratatouille be better suited as an attraction in the French Pavilion at Epcot?

IMO, putting all PIXAR properties in one location is a bad idea. Flesh out one movie's world (Car's Land) in DHS and delegate other characters to other areas in the resort: an UP attraction in Animal Kingdom, a WALL-E attraction in Tomorrowland, etc.

Wouldn't Ratatouille be better suited as an attraction in the French Pavilion at Epcot?

Yea, but that'll never happen.

IMO, putting all PIXAR properties in one location is a bad idea. Flesh out one movie's world (Car's Land) in DHS and delegate other characters to other areas in the resort: an UP attraction in Animal Kingdom, a WALL-E attraction in Tomorrowland, etc.

I disagree. I think it could be a really cool Toontown type of land.

And personally, I don't want another Cars land or something similar. The E-ticket is great, but the rest is, IMO, a waste of space, save for maybe Flo's. It looks pretty, but it's too much area taken up by that property.

Some intriguing ideas here, though I'm not certain why TDO is so hellbent against adding rides that have shown a surge in attendance over at DCA or even just pouring some money into it. As the old saying goes, to make money, you have to spend money. And it's time TDO spends some money at their parks if they want to see their stagnant attendance numbers go up, thus more money into their coffers. It should be a continual cycle as that would have a much greater effect than just keeping the status quo.

Or are they just that oblivious to how the other parks are doing and how they got there?

I dunno if it's connected to this, but Kathy Mangum of Carsland fame has moved from DCA to a WDW project that is NOT Avatar. Been told to keep an eye on this.

Spaceship Earth becoming Time Racers? Future World becoming Discoveryland? Hat coming down? New monorail fleet? Monorail Expansion? Fire Mountain? Beastly Kingdom? Austraila? Wonders of Life replacement? Oooooh the possiblitiles are endless!!

:pirate:

And Mangum is a producer, not a designer. So she's not a creative person...but she still ran Cars Land to what it is. So it gives me hope. Also been told she'll be overseeing "many" or "several" projects.

I wonder if they would consider the Crush coaster from Paris?

Doubt it. It's dark ride portion is basically the same as The Seas with Nemo and Friends at EPCOT, not to mention Nemo has that pavilion and a show at DAK. Also, it's capacity is all kinds of awful.

If a coaster does end up coming, I'd imagine it will be the Monsters INC Door Coaster.

Who is it that literally calls the shots in TDO?? Didn't the most recent penny pincher leave not too long ago?