Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Disney's Hollywood Studios (General Discussion)

And they said they got it form a different site I've never heard of.

I'm calling BS.
It's not a website. It's an app (used by many, although not as needed anymore with WDW's new app) created by Len Testa and used injunction with touring plans.

If it was anything more than thought of the company doing(which they have since they think of virtually any possibility) than we would of heard about them making a big deal of future plans by now. They like to do that way before groundbreaking when making such a big investment. Just like DCA's rennovations did and of course, Avatar.(which is so far before things were even past blue sky)

It makes no sense for an announcement anytime soon. Approval would come in the next few weeks, then probably an announcement in October around the time of FY2013 starting. Same for Avatarland details, or anything else.

Surprise!

The announcement is there is no announcement. All a hoax. Everyone can relax and go about your business.

It seems to capitalize on this recent "Disney, please build something" hype among the fan community, Screamscape has written the following stating that yes, WDI is doing.......stuff. :rolleyes:

(8/6/12) Now that the multi-year renovation for California Adventure has come to an end, and two thirds of the Hong Kong expansion complete, Disney is said to be looking into new ideas for the future for their parks all around the globe. This goes beyond the projects already under way like Shanghai Disneyland, the Avatar land at Animal Kingdom, the rebuild of Disney World’s Fantasyland or the rumored Ratatouille ride at Disney Studios Paris. From what I’m hearing, Disney is now looking into an even bigger picture. Bigger than just adding a new ride, they are now looking into adding whole lands (Marvel anyone?), renovating existing lands (hello Tomorrowland), and even taking a serious look into adding on entire extra theme parks to all of their resorts around the world, taking into consideration what would work best in each location, and not just trying to clone old ideas all over again. With a critical eye on the bigger picture once again, Imagineering is attempting to tie in themed retail and food selections into each project as well, as we’ve seen at Cars Land this year. It’s not enough to just Visit Disney anymore. They are looking into new ways so that every guest wont just see Disney, but eat it, buy it, wear it, smell it, live it, love every minute of it and take a piece of it home with them that will only make them want to come back for more.

Last edited:
Oh how we can all dream. But if that was true Disney needs to worry about making Animal Kingdom becoming a full day park(and after Avatar I think we can consider Animal Kingdom a full park) and adding more rides/attractions to Hollywood Studios, and updating Epcot before they even consider making a Fifth park for WDW.

So according to a certain spirit's latest post:

- TDO Has acknowledged things need to be done and they are "running scared".
- RSR is being looked at among other options for studios
- There's a strong push to get it started by next fiscal year, and finished before Avatar.
- This is also the reason Kathy Mangum is now living in Orlando
- Profits, hotel occupancy (as low as 60%), DME, DDP are all down with more cuts to come before any improvements (hours, dining, hotels, merch, all around).
- TDO and Burbank both pushing project.

That's the gist of it. A possible positive development in that at least they acknowledge that they can't just sit back and keep doing nothing. We'll see what happens, but this is at least good to hear.

I can see Carsland coming since TDO LOVES to save money on R&D. And given the scope of RSR/Carsland I can see that being the BIG thing coming to the studios. Pandora and Carsland would go a long way in bringing some glory back the the resort.

-----update------

OK, I take back what I said about Carsland. I am hearing Carsland is NOT coming to WDW. But that what is coming WILL be large in scope and will include several attraction. 2 of which will be "kid" friendly.

Last edited:
This is starting to mesh with some of the stuff I've been hearing. Thought the person I talk to was either crazy, misinformed, and/or spreading false rumors. No specifics, just that there are plans in motion now.

I have no IDEA what they are up to but what I would really love involves a volcano, a pirate ship, some mermaids and lots of STARSTUFF.

It would make sense to further flesh out PIXAR Place. But I don't think that fits in with their new philosophy of "whole lands' and large scope.

Last edited:
I'm thinking that RSR would be a part of Pixar place not it's own land. The small rides that are in carsland would be themed to other pixar films and the backlot restaurant would probably be rethemed as well.

So according to a certain spirit's latest post:

- TDO Has acknowledged things need to be done and they are "running scared".
- RSR is being looked at among other options for studios
- There's a strong push to get it started by next fiscal year, and finished before Avatar.
- This is also the reason Kathy Mangum is now living in Orlando
- Profits, hotel occupancy (as low as 60%), DME, DDP are all down with more cuts to come before any improvements (hours, dining, hotels, merch, all around).
- TDO and Burbank both pushing project.

That's the gist of it. A possible positive development in that at least they acknowledge that they can't just sit back and keep doing nothing. We'll see what happens, but this is at least good to hear.

All very interesting things and items. As much as I love going to WDW, they need to keep adding stuff. I know locals aren't the market for WDW, but they could definitely keep adding to their coffers by adding interesting things that draws locals and tourists year-round. The fact that TDO is worried now really confirms that something should be happening, especially at DHS. Which makes me as happy as could be. I think adding to Pixar Place is a good first step, but from there, I have no idea. It will be interesting, to say the least.

This is starting to mesh with some of the stuff I've been hearing. Thought the person I talk to was either crazy, misinformed, and/or spreading false rumors. No specifics, just that there are plans in motion now.

Man, I felt the same exact way this past week. Whispers of "change" I discarded as wishful thinking. Yesterday's info was so illuminating.

I think Hollywood Studios should be made up of these properties: Pixar,Star Wars, Muppets, and Indiana Jones. But leave Sunset BLVD. alone thats the best part of Hollywood Studios in my opinion, Refurb Fantasmic and replace/refurb Beuty & the Beast.