Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Disney's Hollywood Studios (General Discussion)

Disney must think there's a market for that (I can't understand how, but whatever), but I certainly won't be spending any time (or money) in there.
Pandora jewelry is a sponsor for various things, like Happily Ever After. They sell charm bracelets that sell well at the parks. And I’m sure having stores around the resort was likely part of whatever sponsorship deal they have.

Pandora jewelry is a sponsor for various things, like Happily Ever After. They sell charm bracelets that sell well at the parks. And I’m sure having stores around the resort was likely part of whatever sponsorship deal they have.
There's also a Pandora Jewelry right next to the glass blowing place on main street.

Now?!? Lol.

The original Main Street in Disneyland had a lingerie store called the Wizard of Bras. The parks have always been malls.

Personally I like the 3rd party content. Helps break up the monotony of every Disney gift shop carrying the same products now.
Plus it allows for different merchandise. I wish Disney would create some type of program where they invite local merchants to come and sell unique merchandise on a rotating basis. I remember universal did something like this in LC where the magic shop was but haven’t been to IOA in two years.

Plus it allows for different merchandise. I wish Disney would create some type of program where they invite local merchants to come and sell unique merchandise on a rotating basis. I remember universal did something like this in LC where the magic shop was but haven’t been to IOA in two years.
All of the leather shops at Universal are third party. As are the comic book shops in both parks, the Amber jewelry store at Jurassic and more. Also, most of the carts at CityWalk are third party. Disney has similar third party vendors and carts throughout their parks too.

But yes, I like the variety that they bring. However, I was not happy with the high pressure sales tactics and barking nature of the magic shops, so I’m glad to see them gone to be honest.

Disney must think there's a market for that (I can't understand how, but whatever), but I certainly won't be spending any time (or money) in there.

For what they charge, they don't need a lot of foot traffic. That said, in December, the MK location was difficult to navigate given the number of customers. Much like, e.g., Madame Alexander dolls in EPCOT, just because something doesn't have a following among the online Disney fan community doesn't mean there isn't another large subset of Disney fans who eat that stuff up.

I remember universal did something like this in LC where the magic shop was but haven’t been to IOA in two years.

Yeah, that space has been turned into an art gallery showcasing local artists (with works for sale of course). It's very cool.

Now?!? Lol.

The original Main Street in Disneyland had a lingerie store called the Wizard of Bras. The parks have always been malls.

Personally I like the 3rd party content. Helps break up the monotony of every Disney gift shop carrying the same products now.
Exactly because people be acting like their hasn’t been shopping at the parks since the beginning. I mean no one complains about Starbucks being at several locations.

The Pandora store is nice. Looks real good in there. Was run down last time I was in before it got converted. Plus, it connects to the shops next to it so it goes from Pandora, to other jewelry, to other Disney gifts nicely.

Still smells like fresh paint in there though.

Now?!? Lol.

FUN FACT: There's a Wizard of Bras store in Monrovia, CA (about 25 miles east of USH and about 35 miles north of Disneyland) that's been around since 1975 which is not associated with the DL store AFAIK. Not sure about it now as I haven't passed by it in decades, but in the 90's, they displayed a humongous bra (like you can fit your entire head in each bra cup and then some) in their storefront display.

Monrovia, CA - The Wizard of Bras

Now?!? Lol.

Aunt Jemima's Pancake House.

And don't forget Doritos were invented at Disneyland!