Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Disney's Hollywood Studios (General Discussion)

It will be interesting to see what they do with RRC and the Indiana Jones show. Also will they continue to keep Star Tours longterm?

It will be interesting to see what they do with RRC and the Indiana Jones show. Also will they continue to keep Star Tours longterm?
I think first up for a change will be RNRC. Indy is likely to be demolished if anything ever happens over there. As far as Star Tours, they had planned on changing out the theme of the ride within a few years after SWGE opened, but now i've been hearing they have back off for now, partly because it represents the OG and Prequel trilogy and Jedi Academy actually has Vader in it. Eventually, Star Tours is likely to go, but I think it will take some time to survey park guests and what they like most about the non-GE Star Wars stuff to see what they will keep.

I really hop they get ride of Launch Bay sooner than later, but at the. same time, if they don't have plans to demolish the building like I would like them to and really add life to Animation Courtyard, then idk. I feel like that building will just sit empty if they got ride of Launch Bay, which would suck.

I think first up for a change will be RNRC. Indy is likely to be demolished if anything ever happens over there. As far as Star Tours, they had planned on changing out the theme of the ride within a few years after SWGE opened, but now i've been hearing they have back off for now, partly because it represents the OG and Prequel trilogy and Jedi Academy actually has Vader in it. Eventually, Star Tours is likely to go, but I think it will take some time to survey park guests and what they like most about the non-GE Star Wars stuff to see what they will keep.

I really hop they get ride of Launch Bay sooner than later, but at the. same time, if they don't have plans to demolish the building like I would like them to and really add life to Animation Courtyard, then idk. I feel like that building will just sit empty if they got ride of Launch Bay, which would suck.
---------------------------
Anyyyyywayyyyy.... Back to Runaway Railway.
Just to piggy back off this briefly, as this all has to do with the affects of Mickey and Minnie opening so its somewhat on topic, id think they should keep Launch Bay for another year or two. Use it for meet and greets with characters who can't be on Batuu (The Mandalorian characters, any Disney animated characters, Vader, Baby Yoda, R2, etc.) Plus sell some cheaper merchandise there. Having Star Tours, Galaxy's Edge, and Launch Bay should spread out the Star Wars crowds all across the parks, giving them opportunities to to explore other areas as well. Gonna be the Star Wars park for a bit, even with Mickey and Minnie's.

That being said, I expect this attraction to be SUPER popular amongst guests, especially long time Disney fans and hardcore Disney fans. Id imagine Rise and Mickey and Minnie would help with attendance at DHS for a few years to come, should be one of the more popular Disney parks.

Just to piggy back off this briefly, as this all has to do with the affects of Mickey and Minnie opening so its somewhat on topic, id think they should keep Launch Bay for another year or two. Use it for meet and greets with characters who can't be on Batuu (The Mandalorian characters, any Disney animated characters, Vader, Baby Yoda, R2, etc.) Plus sell some cheaper merchandise there. Having Star Tours, Galaxy's Edge, and Launch Bay should spread out the Star Wars crowds all across the parks, giving them opportunities to to explore other areas as well. Gonna be the Star Wars park for a bit, even with Mickey and Minnie's.

That being said, I expect this attraction to be SUPER popular amongst guests, especially long time Disney fans and hardcore Disney fans. Id imagine Rise and Mickey and Minnie would help with attendance at DHS for a few years to come, should be one of the more popular Disney parks.
I sort of wish Disney wouldn't hold GE in a specific time and then someone like The Mandalorian could easily show up there.

And yeah, I think guests are gonna absolutely love MMRR.

Yes, I felt DHS has already bounced back, and that's before RotR and M&M openings. We greatly enjoyed the park on our recent visit, and spent more time there than the other 3 WDW parks, primarily to experience GESWL. And TSL has also given the park an added oomph. This will definitely be our second fav WDW park, just behind MK.

Yes, I felt DHS has already bounced back, and that's before RotR and M&M openings. We greatly enjoyed the park on our recent visit, and spent more time there than the other 3 WDW parks, primarily to experience GESWL. And TSL has also given the park an added oomph. This will definitely be our second fav WDW park, just behind MK.
Even during its troubles, DHS has mainly always been my favorite Disney park. Im more of a thrill seeker, and love the Hollywood and studio feel along with it (although the studio part is practically gone), so the additions they've made just make it even better for me. Pretty strong balance of attraction, honestly. I disagree with the other posters on that.

Rise, Falcon, Star Tours, M&M come March, Slinky, Alien, RNRC, and TOT offer a pretty balanced lineup for any guest entering the park. Add in the wait times, easily a full day can be spent here now. Its not perfect but frankly most parks aren't.

Add in the soon to be Mickey Toons theatre, Frozen Sing A Long, Indy, Voyage of The Little Mermaid, (if they're still playing One Man's Dream), Beauty and The Beast, and Fantasmic.

I get its not a perfect park and a lot of these things may be subjective, but anyone saying this is no longer a full day park just isn't being realistic imo.

Even during its troubles, DHS has mainly always been my favorite Disney park. Im more of a thrill seeker, and love the Hollywood and studio feel along with it (although the studio part is practically gone), so the additions they've made just make it even better for me. Pretty strong balance of attraction, honestly. I disagree with the other posters on that.

Rise, Falcon, Star Tours, M&M come March, Slinky, Alien, RNRC, and TOT offer a pretty balanced lineup for any guest entering the park. Add in the wait times, easily a full day can be spent here now. Its not perfect but frankly most parks aren't.

Add in the soon to be Mickey Toons theatre, Frozen Sing A Long, Indy, Voyage of The Little Mermaid, (if they're still playing One Man's Dream), Beauty and The Beast, and Fantasmic.

I get its not a perfect park and a lot of these things may be subjective, but anyone saying this is no longer a full day park just isn't being realistic imo.
We liked the park a lot before the deconstruction and elimination of Streets of America, Backlot Tour, LMA and GMR. But when they all went down there wasn't much left. Now it's a really fun park again, with the added plus of much more public areas to walk around in.

We liked the park a lot before the deconstruction and elimination of Streets of America, Backlot Tour, LMA and GMR. But when they all went down there wasn't much left. Now it's a really fun park again, with the added plus of much more public areas to walk around in.
Im pumped to experience it all this April! I had a hard hat walkthrough of TSL last time I was there, but didn't get to ride anything although we did walk through the Slinky queue and it passed by us once. I was somewhat impressed by that land so I can only imagine what ill think of SWGE.

Im pumped to experience it all this April! I had a hard hat walkthrough of TSL last time I was there, but didn't get to ride anything although we did walk through the Slinky queue and it passed by us once. I was somewhat impressed by that land so I can only imagine what ill think of SWGE.
It's pretty good if it's not too hot. The no deep shade is an issue though, and the Slinky queue, even with some shade now, gets crazy hot. But the land is very kinetic, colorful and full of life. It gets super crowded since there's not a lot of walking space, but it's still fun with lots of interesting stuff to look at. Sitting areas are at a premium though.

A lot of the dining in the park has improved quite a bit, too, and TSL and SWGE now have some of my favorite snacks on property.

A lot of the dining in the park has improved quite a bit, too, and TSL and SWGE now have some of my favorite snacks on property.

Plus another restaurant on the way in TSL, and I wouldn't be surprised if they started selling more Mickey-related food come March.

Man this park has improved a LOT. It'll be the third best theme park in Florida after MMRR opens.

Last edited:
Plus another restaurant on the way in TSL, and I wouldn't be surprised if they started selling more Mickey-related food come March.

Man this park has improved a LOT. Third best theme park in Florida after MMRR opens.
It’s almost inevitable that SWGE will get that sit down at some point, too.

So we are about to have 3 E-Ticket level attractions open within 7 months of each other at DHS. You have to admit, aside from new park openings, this is unheard of. While DHS was so far behind that even with all of it it won’t feel ‘full’, they did truly overhaul this park the past 2 years.

So we are about to have 3 E-Ticket level attractions open within 7 months of each other at DHS. You have to admit, aside from new park openings, this is unheard of. While DHS was so far behind that even with all of it it won’t feel ‘full’, they did truly overhaul this park the past 2 years.

DHS has always had a lotta "heavy hitters" but still has a long way to go.