Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Disney's Hollywood Studios (General Discussion)

To immediately play Devil's Advocate with myself, while I'd personally be happy with a Monsters Inc. coaster (assuming it was a quality effort), I think the park would probably benefit more from another no/low-height-restrictions ride.

To immediately play Devil's Advocate with myself, while I'd personally be happy with a Monsters Inc. coaster (assuming it was a quality effort), I think the park would probably benefit more from another no/low-height-restrictions ride.
What if Monsters Inc was just the main ride and there was a flat ride package that was brought in to up the park's ride count and add more for young one's to do? It's not like the height requirement would be all that high on MI anyway (probably similar to Slinky).

What if Monsters Inc was just the main ride and there was a flat ride package that was brought in to up the park's ride count and add more for young one's to do? It's not like the height requirement would be all that high on MI anyway (probably similar to Slinky).
I wouldn’t mind them doing that, but I think they still need to add an Indy land to the park as well...get that Shanghai boat tech over here, and maybe add a coaster as well for the land.

Studios would be able to handle crowds so much better with two additional lands.

Unfortunately, I think the major additions to DHS will stop, I think Disney considers the park "finished".

Inclined to agree. The only exception being if the park was to be reaching capacity a lot more often and they would then need to expand it's footprint. It's still a tiny park.

Unfortunately, I think the major additions to DHS will stop, I think Disney considers the park "finished".
I agree, but eventually something will happen again. In all likelihood, it will be Animation Courtyard or the Echo Lake/Indy area.

It’s crazy that even after all the expansions they have done the park is still in need of more.

I would love an Indy land. That boat tech from Shanghai looks like so much fun and I feel like it would fit right in with the world of Indy. Floating down a jungle river or into a forbidden cave. I would want them to keep an Indy stunt show, just make it brand new and just let it be a stunt show. No more “how it’s done” elements since the park has moved away from that theme. The current show is the last type remaining isn’t? But you gotta keep an Indy show-even the cute t tired show draws huge crowds throughout the day. E-Ticket boat ride, new show, and maybe some kind of flat family ride? Maybe not a spinner since that seems to be Disney’s go to family flat ride.

I have been wanting a Pixar land for some time. I was disappointed with getting Toy Story Land because Toy Story is just so over represented in the parks already. But having one land not dedicated to a single franchise would be great. Heck, you could even still use Pixar Place.

Honestly all four parks. Even going to MK now after going and riding a bunch of the new rides at DHS now is kind of depressing. All MK has going for it right now is nostalgia.
Agreed. It’s hard to get motivated to deal with a ferry or a monorail just to visit old rides. I’ve kind of gotten addicted to the shiny new technologically advanced ones lately. Sometimes I crave some good old fashioned fun and the fireworks show is great, but most of the time I’d rather go to literally any other park in Orlando.

Agreed. It’s hard to get motivated to deal with a ferry or a monorail just to visit old rides. I’ve kind of gotten addicted to the shiny new technologically advanced ones lately. Sometimes I crave some good old fashioned fun and the fireworks show is great, but most of the time I’d rather go to literally any other park in Orlando.
And I live close enough that I see the fireworks every night from where I live, so even those have become less special to me.

Just in terms of its assortment of attractions, I still have to give Magic Kingdom the edge in Orlando. Islands of Adventure is getting closer.

Maybe I'd feel differently if I were a local, but as somebody who only visits every 18 - 24 months, I look forward to the classics as much as I do the new stuff.
MK has a special ambiance to the park and a charm to their rides, even though most aren't high tech up to date. I can spend untold hours in the park just walking around and soaking up the atmosphere. I love the Universal parks, IOA is probably the best ride park, but bottom line MK is still my favorite park. Of course, I'm a tourist that only pops into WDW once every couple years, so I'm not as easily jaded as a local that goes often.

MK has a special ambiance to the park and a charm to their rides, even though most aren't high tech up to date. I can spend untold hours in the park just walking around and soaking up the atmosphere. I love the Universal parks, IOA is probably the best ride park, but bottom line MK is still my favorite park. Of course, I'm a tourist that only pops into WDW once every couple years, so I'm not as easily jaded as a local that goes often.
I am definitely jaded. I usually only spend 3 or 4 hours at a park when I visit, so for the most part MK is never worth it. That said, when I'm on vacation with my wife, we usually spend a whole day there. So yea, definitely coming at this from a local perspective.

I am definitely jaded. I usually only spend 3 or 4 hours at a park when I visit, so for the most part MK is never worth it. That said, when I'm on vacation with my wife, we usually spend a whole day there. So yea, definitely coming at this from a local perspective.
Yeah, i'm more from your perspective too. I do think WDW having 4 parks has hurt MK though. DL is so well rounded, which imo, is because there's only 2 parks out west, but the same amount of rides.

While many are outdated, I never give up riding Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Splash.. the top tier ones will never get old.