Avengers Campus (DCA) | Page 12 | Inside Universal Forums

Avengers Campus (DCA)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Black Panther would definitely excite me more than any other Marvel project so far. Heck, that actually COULD fit into the theme of DCA.
The Wakandan cultural center built in California at the end of Black Panther would make for an excellent facade, queue, and entrance to an attraction. One of the preshows can be one of the Wakandan jets flying to Wakanda, the attraction itself can be in Wakanda, and there can even be a post-show that takes place in the nation itself... just saying.

I am now betting that Black Panther is going to get expanded presence somewhere in the Marvel Land. It makes way too much sense with his film being a huge hit overall, and that Wakanda has so much potential for a ride.

There were quite a few moments in the film where I thought "dang this would make a really fun ride" haha.

I can’t blame them one bit for wanting to change plans for Black Panther, but I’m pretty disappointed. That means 1) We’re going to have to wait longer for this to happen (2023 sounds like the time it would be open). 2) Spiderman will likely be replaced with BP. Since that is likely the case, what I’m really worried about is BP’s ride system being a big downgrade from what SM’s would’ve been. They could give us a third ride, but I don’t see that happening (but that would be rad). But it sucks cuz Spidey’s my favorite Marvel character.

I just imagined Wakanda as being DCA’s answer to Pandora in terms of design. That worries me even more thinking they might make it a simulator instead of a dark ride but at least it will look nice.

Well, whatever they do, they better hurry up. I don’t see Marvel keeping up this momentum by the time they finally open this years later. Hopefully we’ll get at least one new ride to hold us over.

Reactions: chris.g
I see Flight of the Banshee's system being used for a BP ride in where the rider controls a Wakandan ship in order to destroy some thieves from stealing vibranium.

Hell I see the Avengers training facility being used as a small hub to the various lands, they could be split into three "warp" zones inside the building, one leading to space (GoTG), New York (Avengers, Cap, Ant-Man), and Wakanda (BP).

Buh Bye Spider-Man.

So they tease this for a while, then they announce it at D23, now it's getting delayed, and will probably be waiting six years from the time of its announcement. I'm getting Pandora and Potter flashbacks.

I would so much rather have this than what will likely be more screenz.

Reactions: chris.g
So they tease this for a while, then they announce it at D23, now it's getting delayed, and will probably be waiting six years from the time of its announcement. I'm getting Pandora and Potter flashbacks.

I would so much rather have this than what will likely be more screenz.
While Universal indications are that they are moving away from screens as primary attractions, Disney seems to be embracing the concept....The world turns upside down.

Well, whatever they do, they better hurry up. I don’t see Marvel keeping up this momentum by the time they finally open this years later. Hopefully we’ll get at least one new ride to hold us over.

Feige said he has movies planned until about 2028 now. I don’t see them slowing down at all. Will they all be billion dollar films? Probably not. But as long as they keep making entertaining films I see no reason as to why the GA would stop going.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
This singlehandly makes me want a BP ride, I only want this, don’t even try to do something else Disney.

My only concern would be that people might see it as being too similar to Soarin' which is in the same park.

I can’t blame them one bit for wanting to change plans for Black Panther, but I’m pretty disappointed. That means 1) We’re going to have to wait longer for this to happen (2023 sounds like the time it would be open). 2) Spiderman will likely be replaced with BP. Since that is likely the case, what I’m really worried about is BP’s ride system being a big downgrade from what SM’s would’ve been. They could give us a third ride, but I don’t see that happening (but that would be rad). But it sucks cuz Spidey’s my favorite Marvel character.

I just imagined Wakanda as being DCA’s answer to Pandora in terms of design. That worries me even more thinking they might make it a simulator instead of a dark ride but at least it will look nice.

I can see their trepidation with not wanting to do a Spider-Man ride as it's always going to result in comparisons to IOA's version but Spider-Man is the most popular Marvel ride and I don't think they can have a land without it.

My only concern would be that people might see it as being too similar to Soarin' which is in the same park.

I can see their trepidation with not wanting to do a Spider-Man ride as it's always going to result in comparisons to IOA's version but Spider-Man is the most popular Marvel ride and I don't think they can have a land without it.
Not to mention, they already announced Spiderman is going to be in it. I doubt the GP will care, but there will be a good chunk of people that will be like, “hey, where’s our Spidey Ride?”

Reactions: Scott W.
Officially announced.

At Disneyland Resort, the new Super Hero-themed land will begin recruiting guests in 2020, with even more new experiences to follow. The Guardians of the Galaxy will be joined by Spider-Man and the Avengers in what will become a completely immersive Super Hero universe, furthering the evolution of Disney California Adventure park. This new land will be anchored by the popular Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT!, in the adjacent space that is currently occupied by “a bug’s land.” “It’s Tough to Be a Bug” closed March 19 to make way for this new heroic experience; the rest of the land will close in late summer.

Reactions: HereWeGo
DYwWvk5WkAAtUyT.jpg

Hello Black Panther!

Looks like the are going the cheap-ish (well for Disney, it is relative) route.

Now when will Universal Orlando announce their new Marvel attraction? If they timed it for the same time as this opening it would be amazing.

Last edited: