Avengers Campus (DCA) | Page 15 | Inside Universal Forums

Avengers Campus (DCA)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Sofar to give a list

HKDL
Iron Man Experience (Simulator)
Ant Man and The Wasp dark ride (replacing Buzz)
Avengers attraction (presumably)

Paris
Iron Man RnRC replacement
Avengers Stunt Show
Something else (Lights, Motors, Action should be numbered for an additional attraction for Marvel and for use in regards to Star Wars)

DCA
Mission Breakout
Spider-Man Attraction
Avengers Attraction

If anything, I am thinking DCA and HKDL share the same Avengers Attraction while Paris gets something like Black Panther or Doctor Strange as an exclusive for them, considering that ToT is safe from Marvel presumably for Paris.

As for Orlando and what they could do after Guardians is one of two other paths.

The first, is Doctor Strange as it seems that he is safe. The other, is Big Hero 6, and while not as likely as DS, it could still bring some audience.

There is a third for Orlando, to where they go into talks with Universal on a deal for Black Panther and Thor park rights in exchange for Fox IPs like Simpsons plus Apes, and Foxs entire Animation catalogue, but I find that more doubtful than anything else

Thanks! It's just a refreshing change of pace from Universal's treatment of Potter or Disney's treatment of Star Wars to see so many different takes. I'm a clone snob at baseline.

Plus we know all of this is happening and Black Panther is eventually going to shake out somewhere along the line at one of these resorts.

Sofar to give a list

HKDL

Paris
Avengers Stunt Show
Something else (Lights, Motors, Action should be numbered for an additional attraction for Marvel and for use in regards to Star Wars)

DCA
Mission Breakout
Spider-Man Attraction
Avengers Attraction

If anything, I am thinking DCA and HKDL share the same Avengers Attraction while Paris gets something like Black Panther or Doctor Strange as an exclusive for them, considering that ToT is safe from Marvel presumably for Paris.

As for Orlando and what they could do after Guardians is one of two other paths.

The first, is Doctor Strange as it seems that he is safe. The other, is Big Hero 6, and while not as likely as DS, it could still bring some audience.

There is a third for Orlando, to where they go into talks with Universal on a deal for Black Panther and Thor park rights in exchange for Fox IPs like Simpsons plus Apes, and Foxs entire Animation catalogue, but I find that more doubtful than anything else
Disney would trade the distribution rights of Dreamworks animation in exchange of using Marvel in there parks even Hulk. As for Orlando I could see the world of Black Panther be added in Animal Kingdom.

Sofar to give a list

HKDL

Paris
Avengers Stunt Show

DCA
Mission Breakout
Spider-Man Attraction
Avengers Attraction

Given the fact Universal holds the worldwide theme park rights to The Simpsons, I don't think trading Fox IPs to Universal would be a viable from Disney's standpoint. Disney also need some mature franchises like Die Hard, Apes, and Predator, as they do not have any sufficient amount of mature IPs after they ditched Touchstone Pictures for R-rated movies. Disney also wants to compete in the Best Picture, Best Director, Best Actor, etc, awards since it hasn't done so in decades. Fox would be perfect for them and there's no way they might give one of the Fox IPs up to other rival companies.

Disney would trade the distribution rights of Dreamworks animation in exchange of using Marvel in there parks even Hulk. As for Orlando I could see the world of Black Panther be added in Animal Kingdom.

Comcast isn't going to agree with that decision, they will hold into the Hulk distribution rights because it would make them look weak in front of Disney and fans/critics, as well as making Marvel Super Hero Island look irrelevant. It would empower Disney to make a solo Hulk movie and will just be more stronger in the entertainment arena. Not only that, they also hold the live TV rights to the 1978-1982 Hulk show produced and distributed through NBC.

Disney doesn't have the distribution rights for DreamWorks animation. They were distributing DreamWorks' live action for a period, but that ended a year or two ago.

Disney doesn't have the distribution rights for DreamWorks animation. They were distributing DreamWorks' live action for a period, but that ended a year or two ago.
Fox has the distribution rights to Dreamworks animation with Captain Underpants being the last Dreamworks animation that is distributed by Fox. Disney aquiring Fox would give Disney the distribution rights of those Dreamworks animated films.

I was checking out Theme Park Insider on this announcement since they are generally the most accurate predictor of Disneyland happenings....For what it's worth....Robert Niles, TPI owner, "There's not enough space here for atmospheric land and a big, E ticket dark ride building or really any type of major coaster. But you could get a flying theater in here easily. Or a Monsters Inc. sized show building plus a lot of atmosphere space. And there's space available in a parking lot to the south of Mission Breakout as well. But that creates some back-of-house issues, so I'd see that as phase two of the new land, if anything."...And, to add, the feeling among the TPI Staff Writers is that they'll use the Tough to Be a Bug Theater building and convert it to a Spider Man attraction, be it a flying theater or small dark ride.

I was checking out Theme Park Insider on this announcement since they are generally the most accurate predictor of Disneyland happenings....For what it's worth....Robert Niles, TPI owner, "There's not enough space here for atmospheric land and a big, E ticket dark ride building or really any type of major coaster. But you could get a flying theater in here easily. Or a Monsters Inc. sized show building plus a lot of atmosphere space. And there's space available in a parking lot to the south of Mission Breakout as well. But that creates some back-of-house issues, so I'd see that as phase two of the new land, if anything."...And, to add, the feeling among the TPI Staff Writers is that they'll use the Tough to Be a Bug Theater building and convert it to a Spider Man attraction, be it a flying theater or small dark ride.

Niles almost always is spot on, but man that'd be disappointing.

Niles almost always is spot on, but man that'd be disappointing.
Yeah, that's what I thought. And when it comes to Disneyland, it seems he usually knows something in advance but can't say it officially. His short comment on the parking lot, "if anything" sounds like he's doubtful that phase two would ever happen.

Yeah, that's what I thought. And when it comes to Disneyland, it seems he usually knows something in advance but can't say it officially. His short comment on the parking lot, "if anything" sounds like he's doubtful that phase two would ever happen.
If they’re just using the Bug’s Land Space and leaving it at that, why would they say there’s more coming?

Thanks! It's just a refreshing change of pace from Universal's treatment of Potter or Disney's treatment of Star Wars to see so many different takes. I'm a clone snob at baseline.

Plus we know all of this is happening and Black Panther is eventually going to shake out somewhere along the line at one of these resorts.

With the Spider-Man Disney naturally struck a deal with Sony right?

And what about the Spider-Man dark ride at Universal?

Last edited by a moderator:
With the Spider-Man Disney naturally struck a deal with Sony right?

And what about the Spider-Man dark ride at Universal?

First of all, welcome to Inside Universal, as I hope you have a pleasant time here.

As for the following:

1: Sony Pictures/Sony does not own the theme park rights to it's Spider-Man characters.

2: The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man at Universal Orlando is to the east of the Mississippi.

I would highly recommend looking at the Inside Universal article, explaining about the conflict of intellectual property rights for Marvel in the terms of Universal and Disney

That Darn Marvel Contract – What Rights Does Universal and Disney Own

Reactions: Roman and Mad Dog