DIY Steadicam | Inside Universal Forums

DIY Steadicam

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Jun 23, 2009
Douglasville,GA
I just built "The Silver Flyer" seen in the video below, but for the life of me I cant get it perfectly balanced. I have a Canon 60d and its a bit heavier than his camera. I was wondering if anyone here owns a steadicam or has any experience with them.

[video=youtube_share;da4dTGk-G6g]http://youtu.be/da4dTGk-G6g[/video]

Reactions: Felipe
Nice! Thanks for sharing! :thumbs:

I don't know how to help you with your weight and balance issue, but hopefully someone who can might see this after this bump!

WOW! The quality of stabilization is amazing from that thing! Not entirely sure about the counterbalance issue. Is the camera's center of gravity positioned over the handle? Maybe it's off by a bit which could cause it to shift it's weight?

WOW! The quality of stabilization is amazing from that thing! Not entirely sure about the counterbalance issue. Is the camera's center of gravity positioned over the handle? Maybe it's off by a bit which could cause it to shift it's weight?

It is over the handle. I have a 60D though and its kinda heavy. The counterbalance has to be as heavy as the camera. Lol so many washers. I dont know if ill ever get this thing right but im filming a little short now and it would be extremely useful. Oh the struggle