Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Doc Brown's Chicken (Review?)

May 5, 2013
So when I went to USH on May 11,2013- I ate at Doc Brown's Chicken, I got "Doc's Chicken Dinner" and it was pretty good! I wasn't disappointed expect the price, but it's a Theme Park, What should you expect? But overall, It was really good, I thought the Mashed Potatoes were going to be in some way "fake" but it felt "Authentic"  

They are fake, but I love 'em.  :lol:

I usually get the Chicken Dinner if I'm really hungry, otherwise I'll just get the dish with fried chicken and fries (forgot what it's called!)
Well chicken and fries platter lol, I think that is the exact name... and well I think is fare price the Chicken Dinner, but not for the other platters, I think the salad is incredibly over priced

Well chicken and fries platter lol, I think that is the exact name... and well I think is fare price the Chicken Dinner, but not for the other platters, I think the salad is incredibly over priced
Glad you thought it was great. I ate there a few months ago with Chris, and it was good. Good, but not great.

Regardless, thanks for sharing!

The Simpsons Ride is a plaza, so it would make sense to expand it, The Studio Tour has its own plaza. Now we got Central Park Plaza. I think USH is more interested in plazas than lands. Because we got Universal City Plaza, lol. That is alot of names with the word plaza in the complex.

The Simpsons Ride is a plaza, so it would make sense to expand it, The Studio Tour has its own plaza. Now we got Central Park Plaza. I think USH is more interested in plazas than lands. Because we got Universal City Plaza, lol. That is alot of names with the word plaza in the complex.
I'm not sure I follow your logic. I wouldn't say the Simpsons Plaza is comparable to the Studio Tour's "Plaza" - if you would classify the Studio Tour area as a proper plaza at all.

Instead, Universal seems to be following whatever works. I don't think there's a mastermind plan to create plazas in the park at all.

Haha. Plazas seem cool. I don't know if they'd follow that throughout the entire park, though.. I mean, I'm not sure if I can invision Minion Plaza or Potter Plaza in the future.  ;)

Aha yeahhhh...plaza is just a coincidence. Like Jon said, I don't think it's their goal to name everything with a Plaza name to make up for not having "lands". Plaza is just a nicer term to use to help guests understand the different areas when they're being referenced. Easier and sounds a lot nicer to say "Simpsons characters meeting in front of Simpsons Plaza" instead of "Simpsons characters meeting in the immediate surrounding area by the Simpsons ride". I'm slightly exaggerating but you get my point.