Dorney Park | Inside Universal Forums

Dorney Park

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jake S

Staff
Feb 23, 2023
orange county, ca
Dorney Park has announced its first new installation coaster since 2005 (!!) in Iron Menace, a 160-foot Bolliger and Mabillard Dive Coaster. It'll be the third to drop at a Cedar Fair park, following previous installations at Canada's Wonderland and Cedar Point.

Concept Art:
Screenshot 2023-08-10 at 1.40.45 PM.png
On-ride POV animation:

Edit: That leaves Valleyfair, whose last new addition was Renegade in 2007, and Michigan's Adventure, whose last new addition was Mad Mouse in 1999 (!!!!) as the most neglected Cedar Fair parks. At least, by new roller coaster standards.

Reactions: MikePat
I think it's an interesting addition to the park. I just find the apocalyptic background art an odd choice after a summer of horrible temperatures and smoke from wild fires. "Climate change will be worse in 2024 but we'll have a new coaster running through the summer hellscape!"

I know it's the steel mill backstory/theme for the coaster, but it still seems a little off putting...

Reactions: MikePat
I think it's an interesting addition to the park. I just find the apocalyptic background art an odd choice after a summer of horrible temperatures and smoke from wild fires. "Climate change will be worse in 2024 but we'll have a new coaster running through the summer hellscape!"

I know it's the steel mill backstory/theme for the coaster, but it still seems a little off putting...
They may have wanted to capture the industrial vibes of, say maybe, Baron 1989, but what makes Baron 1989 theme work isn't present here (at least at the moment). The name wouldn't have been my first choice too, as it strikes a bit generic and sounded more like an RMC conversation.

Otherwise though, I think Dorney Park has a coaster here that is better than anyone could have asked for. There's also some solid elements here for the coaster lovers, like the Inclined Loop.

Reactions: PenguinCowboy