Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Dreamworks Going Back to Universal Pictures

Actually, I don't think Universal owned any part of Dreamworks before, other than some co-productions. I know they went to Paramount first, then to Disney, and then I guess now to Universal.

I didn't know Dreamworks was envolved with Disney. This makes no sense, specially when Dreamworks is a competitor to Pixar. Well I guess this is great news then, since I'm pretty sure Disney has no interest in the well being of Dreamwork.

I didn't know Dreamworks was envolved with Disney. This makes no sense, specially when Dreamworks is a competitor to Pixar. Well I guess this is great news then, since I'm pretty sure Disney has no interest in the well being of Dreamwork.
Animated movies are distributed by Fox, live action by Disney under Touchstone.

I'll always wanted to see an E-ticket for "Rise of the Guardians" what a great movie and message. Never understood why it didn't do well, after all Wreck It Ralph was the only thing competing with it and WIR was not awful but it was definitely weak, I still like it though, but it can't be compared with ROTG.

He's a part owner of UOR

Lol ... just realized I misread your post ... and did not see it read: "never not been involved" ... for some reason my brain did not capture the "not".
Been checking forum while working on my novel, so perhaps to many dancing words in my brain :)

He is a consultant. He receives annual royalties as well.

Right, I just didn't get into the royalties stuff to keep it simple. Wasn't it the annual consultant fees that Uni had to renegotiate years back because they were so far behind? I would think that Comcast has since made all of that right as rain now.