DreamWorks Land (Opening June 14, 2024) | Page 17 | Inside Universal Forums

DreamWorks Land (Opening June 14, 2024)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The current Woodpecker setup is only like ~500 guests realistically an hour, not great. While it won't have the draw of being right next to the 2nd most photographed castle in the world like at Hippogriff, it should still receive a bit more demand with a more relevant IP.
When I worked there 40 dispatches/hour was the goal, and that's ~640 PPH. Not bad at all for a kiddie coaster. Compare that to about 140 PPH for the old Fievel waterslide or P-Flyers (can't remember the exact figures).

Last edited:
That's ideal, but theme parks ops are never ideal lol
We hit it a bunch when I worked there, or close to it. I think it's fine but I wish there was a flat ride back there to add capacity to the "land" rather than expand/replace the coaster. Remember, for a time it was the ONLY coaster at UOR prior to IOA opening, and the only one at USF before Revenge of the Mummy opened.
Is there a before pic to compare? Unfortunately this is one area i never paid attention to have a photographic memory.
Complete with real bad green checkerboard pattern:
WKRLGIJGENACLGOOBURNZAB5CU.jpg

1692902458855.png

Last edited:
We hit it a bunch when I worked there, or close to it. I think it's fine but I wish there was a flat ride back there to add capacity to the "land" rather than expand/replace the coaster. Remember, for a time it was the ONLY coaster at UOR prior to IOA opening, and the only one at USF before Revenge of the Mummy opened.

Complete with real bad green checkerboard pattern:
WKRLGIJGENACLGOOBURNZAB5CU.jpg

View attachment 19565
Got flashbacks to my fist visit as a kid seeing the Cartoon Store. You can even see what I think was a stuffing machine for a build-a-bear type thing inside. Thank you for posting that picture!

Reactions: Coolbfitz
For what it’s worth, went to HHN with some friends and as we passed what will be Shrek’s house they all asked what I knew about it, and they thought it sounded like a good revamp for the area.

They’re not the target demographic (all childless adults), but I think the area’s gonna be an easy win for the park, especially with the chosen IP’s.

For what it’s worth, went to HHN with some friends and as we passed what will be Shrek’s house they all asked what I knew about it, and they thought it sounded like a good revamp for the area.

They’re not the target demographic (all childless adults), but I think the area’s gonna be an easy win for the park, especially with the chosen IP’s.
I'm genuinely curious to know how you characterized the project, because that would likely influence their reaction.

There are charitable and uncharitable ways to describe what's happening in this spot.

• Haha
Reactions: snayberry
I'm genuinely curious to know how you characterized the project, because that would likely influence their reaction.

There are charitable and uncharitable ways to describe what's happening in this spot.
Since they asked about the Shrek house, I was like “Oh they’re moving a lot of the meet and greets over here, and replacing the old play areas with modern ones for Kung Fu Panda and Trolls”.

I was absolutely trying not to oversell it, but their response was that dedicated (themed) spots for the meet and greets and that updated play areas with newer IP’s were good moves, even if they’re not really gonna use them.

I was absolutely trying not to oversell it, but their response was that dedicated (themed) spots for the meet and greets and that updated play areas with newer IP’s were good moves, even if they’re not really gonna use them.

You sit on a throne of LIES!

To be honest there is no way to oversell this project. It’s basically retheming an existing area and making it more thematically cohesive with modern IPs.

Reactions: Coolbfitz
It will be an improvement over what was there, and like Minion Mayhem, even if the actual attraction(s) are lacking the overall improvement with new food and merch will be a big step up (as well as quickly recoup investment).

I have no issue with what Universal is doing with the Dreamworks area. A revamped young kids area is something that helps to get USF back to being a balanced park. Now they can work on replacing that big black hole in the center of the park, F&F, that could put the entire park back in balance with a good new hybrid dark ride attraction.