Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Dubai Parks and Resorts

I mean.. it looks like a decent roster of attractions for a Six Flags park. But I don't see this measuring up to the local competition.

I'm just slightly shocked that SF is actually BUILDING a park. They haven't done that since the 70's if i'm correct.

But Six Flags isn't actually building it, they are just licensing the name and consulting for it. Someone else is doing the actual building and running.

More than they could AFFORD to do after being $2 billion in debt from upgrading and "Flagging" a bunch of parks. They spent millions trying to make silk purses out of sows' ears and sometimes it paid off (SFNE) and sometimes not (Elitch Gardens, Darrien Lake, Worlds of Adventure, the whole European Parks division).

The only way I ever see hitting up these parks is booking a 3 or 4 days layover over there for an African Safari trip. Love to base a trip out of the new Atlantis and hit all the new parks. For some reason, i'm really interested in the indoors WB Park and see how they do with the IP compared to Six Flags.

I figure it might be worth an alternate spring break location but that a hell of a flight of flight. For me, it would be out of Dallas on Emirates or Eithad, both great to fly.

So Bollywood Parks|Dubai, parts of Motiongate Dubai, and Legolas's Dubai opened today. Only the Sony and Main Street are open for Motiongate, and all the parks have some of the better rides not open yet.