Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Dueling Dragons/ Dragon Challenge

Has anybody else noticed the picture on universals official page where dueling dragons is bright yellow?
IOA_Header_tcm13-10617.jpg

I guess this is what it's gonna look like in about a month or so

And how the body of water there is some screwed up representation of the park's show lagoon as well as the city walk/transportation waterway.

On a similar note of weird renderings and concepts I really dislike the computer rendered maps that are now at universalorlando.com

How does gray end up yellow? That's weird. They got a little carried away w/ the photoshopping. And btw why would I have wishful thinking of dueling dragons being painted yellow? I don't care what color it is honestly I just love the ride (especially fire or whatever it ends up being called)

I was referring that it was wishful thinking due to the comment of it being a sign of "what's to come". The picture was probably taken when the sun was low, which always gives certain subjects a more orange/yellow tint.

There's a rumor floating around one of the tracks will be painted black. I wonder what the new vehicles for DC will look like

I would like to see a coaster painted with a design along the track. They could paint it to look like it was cracked or part of the castle.

So is it official that it's going to be the Hungarian Horntail and the Chinese Fireball?

I'd like the ice dragon to become the horntail, because it is definitely a more wild ride... and for those of you who say "but the fire dragon goes like like... 5 mph faster!!!!11111" well I. don't. care.

The ice dragon has a faster mph average (I have no statistics for this, but considering that they both have the same track length and the ice dragon finishes about 5 seconds first, this is true)

Also, the ice dragon nearly crashes into the castle wall, which is something that actually happens in the 4th hp movie.

Yes, I'm putting way too much thought into this... :D

Hey guys, posted this in the WWOHP thread, but didn't get any real hits about it. Screamscape is reporting that they were told by Universal to expect DD/DC to go down 2-3 weeks before WWOHP opens. So, a new track paint job to be sure, but what about trains? Also, I stumbled across a rumor claiming that the trains would have audio on board. Anybody hear anything like that?

Hey guys, posted this in the WWOHP thread, but didn't get any real hits about it. Screamscape is reporting that they were told by Universal to expect DD/DC to go down 2-3 weeks before WWOHP opens. So, a new track paint job to be sure, but what about trains? Also, I stumbled across a rumor claiming that the trains would have audio on board. Anybody hear anything like that?

Haven't heard that, but I love the idea of it........

According to Screamscape:

A reader claims they contacted Universal Orlando customer service regarding any possible attraction closures during their trip and were told that Dueling Dragons would be closed from 2/27/10 through to 3/16/10.