Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Duff Bar

Aug 7, 2018
Hey all. Visiting UOR for the first time since I can legally drink and I've always thought this seemed like a nice bar to have a drink at and watch Cinematic Celebration or look over the lagoon at the park. Any beer recommendations here? Im big into IPAs and Red Ale's, so something in that range is my preffered taste but I am willing to try things. Also, during HHN, do they do any special craft beers for the event or anything? Thanks in advance for your response!

Good to know, thanks. I don't mind Gemran Style beers as I had an Octoberfest from Vermont a few years ago that sounds relatively similar. Nice and heavy haha. Not to be too off topic, but anywhere around the resort to find really good craft beers?

Good to know, thanks. I don't mind Gemran Style beers as I had an Octoberfest from Vermont a few years ago that sounds relatively similar. Nice and heavy haha. Not to be too off topic, but anywhere around the resort to find really good craft beers?

The three Potter beers are all very good. Jake's at Royal Pacific usually has a good selection. Most of the hotel bars will have a decent lineup, usually of Florida-based breweries.

. Also, during HHN, do they do any special craft beers for the event or anything?

Started to see more of this last year. A local pumpkin beer was on tap at most of the beer tents (I forget the brewery), and most tents had a local selection on tap mixed in with the AB products. I want to say Transformers pop-up bar had the best selection, but obviously subject to change.

Dufftoberfest is the best of the four Duffs, tho all of them are good. Don't forget Diagon Alley has two local beers on tap as well, a stout and a red.

If you don't mind a short Uber ride off-property, consider a visit to Yardhouse (by the Ferris wheel) or Player 1 Video Game Bar. Both are close, have very large beer selections.

In Citywalk, NBC Sports Grill and Cowfish have some good IPA and craft beer selections. As an IPA guy there's almost nothing for me in the parks unless it's a special event with pop-up bars (Mardi Gras, HHN, etc).

For some reason I always thought Universal had more IPAs in the park. Dunno why I thought that. Will have to check those ones out however. Also excited for whatever they have at HHN.

Not my favorite beer but I always make it a priority to have a Duff Lite. I’m a Simpsons fan so I can’t not pay Moes a visit. It’s the same beer but I never actually sat at Duff Gardens. Might have to change that next week

Not my favorite beer but I always make it a priority to have a Duff Lite. I’m a Simpsons fan so I can’t not pay Moes a visit. It’s the same beer but I never actually sat at Duff Gardens. Might have to change that next week
Duff Gardens is my stay and scream spot.

Hard to find iPas in Disney or Universal despite it being one of the more popular “craft” styles. Always bugged me.

I heard the new Star Wars land has an IPA which is a good start I guess.

Started to see more of this last year. A local pumpkin beer was on tap at most of the beer tents (I forget the brewery), and most tents had a local selection on tap mixed in with the AB products. I want to say Transformers pop-up bar had the best selection, but obviously subject to change.

Dufftoberfest is the best of the four Duffs, tho all of them are good. Don't forget Diagon Alley has two local beers on tap as well, a stout and a red.

If you don't mind a short Uber ride off-property, consider a visit to Yardhouse (by the Ferris wheel) or Player 1 Video Game Bar. Both are close, have very large beer selections.
I thought the pumpkin beer was Shipyard that was at most of them. They also had Magic Hat at a few, and I forget what the raspberry one was.

Hard to find iPas in Disney or Universal despite it being one of the more popular “craft” styles. Always bugged me.

I heard the new Star Wars land has an IPA which is a good start I guess.

Thankfully Sam Adams makes Rebel IPA now which I see pop up frequently at stands. There’s a few craft areas in the parks one can find an IPA including the craft beer stand near the waterfront and Transformers, Jai Alia at Today Cafe, etc. Grill Brew is the best bet for beer options but the food is unfortunately hit or miss. Jakes at Royal Pacific is also a great option if one is in that area.

Thats so good to know! Nice I can get a local beer from Maine at USF! Shipyard is pretty national at this point I guess but still, awesome to see!

Up until this past Monday, Shipyard even had a restaurant right between Universal and Disney. It definitely has a presence in central Florida.