Dyson Hand dryers ? | Inside Universal Forums

Dyson Hand dryers ?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Aug 19, 2009
Southern US not Fl
Just got back from 4 days at the park
Sorry if this is mentioned elsewere
Does anyone know why all hand dryers in the parks&citywalk are out of order ?
Did someone get hurt ?
Lawsuit?

I learned about that when @OrlandoInformer tweeted the following....

Not like it matters much, but every single Dyson hand dryer unit on-site at @UniversalORL is not working

iYmDVHzFRUQ1R.jpg

Carification: @UniversalORL has provided mucho hand towels for guests using the bathroom - it's just the hand dryers that seem to be stalled

I am still curious about why they are all not in use. Maybe they're being taken out for newer models?

This happened about a month ago. It seemed they were fixed and all back on, but now they're all off again.

I'm kinda split on them. They're good for the environment, yes. But when the bathroom is crowded (esp during HHN and such), it's terrible that there's only two when there's 20+ people washing hands and waiting for one.

I hate those things anyway. I don't have very stable hands and they end up batting against the sides because of the narrow entry of the machine. That said, I feel bad for those who have normal hands and can't dry them :/

I actually like these machines but then again I'm a dyson fan boy, I have three of their products in my house and love them. It is funny though because I noticed this in the parka few weeks ago and was waiting for someone to make a thread. :lol:

I like to use the towels after I dry my hands to wipe, or cool, my face and you can't do that with those lousy air driers. And yes crowding is a problem, I can just grab some towels and step out of the way...

Same here... one of my friends always rattles off a statistic that you end up with like 250% more germs on your hands by using a dryer than paper towels.

Full disclosure: he's a paper product salesperson.

Full disclosure, that is untrue. Also, air driers are better for your skin in that they do not remove essential oils and bacteria etc.

Right, the full disclosure meant to suggest that he isn't the most credible or unbiased source when it comes to hand dryers versus paper towels.

I'm still a paper towel fan - I don't just hate my skin, I hate the environment too.

I love the Dyson Air Blade dryers, so I'm really curious as to what has had them "down" for so long. Hopefully they get them fixed/replaced soon.

The Air Blades are definitely the most efficient hand dryers, however, I still think the Xcelerators are the most fun. I'll admit, I watch my skin flap and move around when I use them. I'm easily amused. :lol:

I love the Dyson Air Blade dryers, so I'm really curious as to what has had them "down" for so long. Hopefully they get them fixed/replaced soon.

The Air Blades are definitely the most efficient hand dryers, however, I still think the Xcelerators are the most fun. I'll admit, I watch my skin flap and move around when I use them. I'm easily amused. :lol:

Haha, I love those things too.

Is it sad I remember the first time I encountered the Xcelerator? Which was in 2004 when they opened the new bathrooms in Asia close to Everest. God why would I remember that? :look: