The Future of E.T. Adventure | Page 8 | Inside Universal Forums

The Future of E.T. Adventure

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
OK a little off topic here but does anyone know that ET is an example of the The Mandela Effect. I've been looking all over but i remember that there was bad aliens in the ride that after the warp before the space ship. would say that they like the planet dead and either threaten ET or say something about chasing him.But i cant find it anywhere or the fact that people remember the spaceship ride vehicles but also cant find examples of those.
I'm pretty sure we settled the spaceship thing. And evil ET's? Did you just have a dream about ET 2 and think it was real or something? Because that might explain it.

Yes, spaceships were real....bad/evil aliens were not. I rode E.T. during the preview period before Universal Studios officially opened as I had family members who worked there.

So if they made it more dirty and old it would make you think that it's staying open..? Interesting.

Also, appears they finally removed the huge 30th anniversary poster from the side of the building!

I personally believe that nothing, is sacred anymore.

And that while some people may think of that being the wrong way to percieve things; and that if ET stays (which, shouldn't); nothing here with the refurbishment, outside of repainting the building and making it more accessible; has proved me from thinking that they may be keeping ET.

Could that change in the next few months? Maybe, but to me; ET is dated. Moreso than what I would even say BTTF is and that removing it would do better for the long run.

Although, to ask @Brian G.; will the thread here lock down as the refurbishment has completed? I think you did that for FJ's refurb thread if I'm not mistaken.

This doesn't surprise me, and makes me think more that ETA will be going by the end of the year.

There's no correlation. It keeps jumping back and forth. E.T. is basically like DisneyQuest without the public announcements now. Uni keeps flirting with removing it but it just never happens. So... who knows?

Also re: spaceship vehicles, I'm still stunned not a single photo of them exists

There's no correlation. It keeps jumping back and forth. E.T. is basically like DisneyQuest without the public announcements now. Uni keeps flirting with removing it but it just never happens. So... who knows?

Also re: spaceship vehicles, I'm still stunned not a single photo of them exists

I'm still convinced whatever happens to ET comes down to what Spielberg thinks of their plan.

For the spaceships, our phones did not take pictures back then(let alone travel with us)...photos we took ourselves cost money to develope each picture we took..most people did not carry the kind of cameras that could take good inside, dark lighting pictures.

So found some stuff out about the spaceships:
"Originally, there were two types of ride vehicles: the dirt bikes we know today and a spaceship. I can’t find images of the ship anywhere online, though the proof is still in the queue. When Botanicus (the leader of The Green Planet – where E.T. is from) appears inside the forest of the interior queue he begs visitors to “Hide E.T from the scientists who seek him. Bring him on a spaceship or carry him on your bikes.”
Guests were requesting to skip the spaceship in favor of the bikes, plus it was hard to see out of them. Ultimately, Universal ditched the spaceships entirely."

Reactions: Joel and Mad Dog
I do remember there were 2 kinds of vehicles in ET. I couldn't tell you what the other vehicle was but could have been a space ship. I always wanted to get the bike though. I wonder if we have it on video.

two things the original et ride the bikes didn't have as much as a harness as now so the et spaceships were for toddlers and infants.Irode on it when i was around 6-7 so i remember it kinda.Two the et smell is now gone replaced by a generic pine tree smell.