E3 2016 | Inside Universal Forums

E3 2016

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Nov 23, 2013
Seattle, WA!
One of the largest Gaming Conventions in the US; E3 is officially revving gears as it looms closer and closer to the opening of the show-floor next week; and we have gotten quite a bit of gaming announcements already.

From WatchDogs II getting Unveiled, to Kingdom Hearts 2.8 getting a release window and more, E3 has in essence, officially started. And; this thread is to discuss on the major announcements during the big week ahead, plus giving a schedule on all the press conferences coming up during this week.

Sunday:
EA (They are also hosting an event outside of E3 too) - 4 PM EST (1 PM PST)

Bethesda - 10 PM EST (7 PM PST)

Monday:
Microsoft - 9:30 AM PST (12:30 PM EST)

Ubisoft - 1 PM PST (4 PM EST)

Sony - 6 PM PST (9 PM EST)

Nintendo will not be having a direct and instead a full day of streaming the new Legend of Zelda on Tuesday (same day as the opening of the show floor).

Which Conferences are you most excited about? What are you hoping comes out for E3? Comment below!

Reactions: Macfr3ak
Excited about seeing Legend of Zelda, disappointed there will be nothing on the NX, but perhaps seeing the Legend of Zelda gameplay will give us some clues as to how good the NX will be.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
Looking forward to Sony's conference the most. Hopefully they shows Sony Bend's rumored game Dead Don't Ride. With all the rumors of the PlayStation Neo and Xbox Scorpio, this e3 is going to be interesting.

Is Sony expected to announce the new PS4 neo?
Sony is expected to unveil their new version of the PS4; titled Neo, as the rumor is of Neo being able to handle the 4K resolution.

Xbox is also expected to announce two new consoles. a new version of the XBOX One (like the Slim) and one codenamed Scorpio which seems like it will overpower the Neo by two teraflops.

Well rumors say it comes out around the same time as PlayStation VR so either they announce it now or maybe Tokyo game show.

Sony is expected to unveil their new version of the PS4; titled Neo, as the rumor is of Neo being able to handle the 4K resolution.

Xbox is also expected to announce two new consoles. a new version of the XBOX One (like the Slim) and one codenamed Scorpio which seems like it will overpower the Neo by two teraflops.

Thanks. I guess the slim x-box is going to be a cheaper model as well?
Makes sense now that Nintendo postponed the NX. I am starting to think the rumors of Nintendo upgrading the NX from the original plans is true.

I'm looking forward to seeing how much of a boneheaded move the PS4K and Xbox One.One are. Two consoles selling prolifically being capped at the knees for no good reason.

Other than that I'm mostly just interested in seeing what games are announced. Basically everything I'm interested in isn't coming until next year, and with no NX info coming next week I'm mostly uninterested in the proceedings. I'll watch Sony's conference though

Thanks. I guess the slim x-box is going to be a cheaper model as well?

Yeah.

Makes sense now that Nintendo postponed the NX. I am starting to think the rumors of Nintendo upgrading the NX from the original plans is true.

In a way, I think that they intend on revealing the NX fully at Tokyo Games and having a direct shortly after that to talk about it; as that would make sense to me in a way. I also think that they are going to get the machine more powerful so it can at least balance the performances of the Neo in a way (but who knows, they could just go for the Xbox One level on graphical capabilities.

Speculating a bit, I think we will hear Naughty Dogs title at E3. Even if it is just a teaser, I think we will see what their next game is (Which is probably TLOU2). I also have a feeling that it isn't impossible that we hear Halo mentioned (that is not Halo Wars 2), whether its revealing a teaser for Halo 6 or revealing that Warzone Firefight would be releasing shortly after the press conference.

I am curious to hear the announced games, especially considering that Sony has some companies that are really quiet.

Reactions: anihilnation
Naughty Dog maybe considering the last of us teaser came out 3 months after uncharted 3 but thats a 2018 game at least. Maybe some type of halo game but I don't see halo 6 until 2018/2019

I could see Kojima's game starting off the show, he comes out on stage explains why he went with PlayStation and then show a short teaser.

I could see that too, or having a new trailer of The Last Guardian with a firm release date.

Either way, I think we are going to see LOU2, FF7 Remake, TLG, and possibly Kojimas game; even by just a cinematic teaser for that one.

I could see that too, or having a new trailer of The Last Guardian with a firm release date.

Either way, I think we are going to see LOU2, FF7 Remake, TLG, and possibly Kojimas game; even by just a cinematic teaser for that one.

Last Guardian with a release date is definitely going to happen, but I don't think it'll open the show. It's not a big enough game nor do I think it's going to end up being very good.

I also doubt we see any FF7. I don't think there's anything even remotely close to being done for that.

Dead Don't Ride, Kojima game, LOU2 will be the big announcements for Sony, IMO

If the recent leaks are to be believe the new games will be Crash Bandicoot, God of War 4, Spider-Man by Sucker Punch, Dead Don't Ride (new zombie IP), and Knack 2. I doubt we see TLOU2. Sony has a very stacked conference this year, it'll be nice to see them not spend 30 minutes on indie games for once.

Last Guardian with a release date is definitely going to happen, but I don't think it'll open the show. It's not a big enough game nor do I think it's going to end up being very good.

I also doubt we see any FF7. I don't think there's anything even remotely close to being done for that.

Dead Don't Ride, Kojima game, LOU2 will be the big announcements for Sony, IMO

I am in the sector where its "I'll believe it when I see it" with Dead Don't Ride.

If the recent leaks are to be believe the new games will be Crash Bandicoot, God of War 4, Spider-Man by Sucker Punch, Dead Don't Ride (new zombie IP), and Knack 2. I doubt we see TLOU2. Sony has a very stacked conference this year, it'll be nice to see them not spend 30 minutes on indie games for once.

Knack wasn't exactly a popular IP, even at launch. I am curious thought to hear what Santa Monica and San Diego have, if there is anything from them.

I also think there might be an overhaul to PS Plus based on surveys and rumors. Drop free game support for PS3 and improve the benefits for ps4/vita users.