Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

E3 2018

Nov 23, 2013
Seattle, WA!
Well this is early. ;)

Microsoft, Bethesda, EA, Ubisoft, and Nintendo have all made announcements pertaining to this years E3, coming to you from Los Angeles California, as the schedule so-far consists of the following:

Saturday, June 9th:

11:00 AM Pacific Time - EAPlay Live Showcase (Electronic Arts)
- Battlefield V has been confirmed to appear during the EA Showcase

Sunday, June 10th:

1:00 PM Pacific Time - XBOX (Microsoft)
- Forza has been confirmed to be at the Conference

6:30 PM Pacific Time - Bethesda E3 Showcase
- Fallout 76 Has been revealed to appear at Bethesda's E3 Showcase

Monday, June 11th:

10:00 AM Pacific Time - Square Enix

1:00 PM Pacific Time - Ubisoft

6:00 PM Pacific Time - Playstation E3 Showcase (Sony)
- Death Stranding, The Last of Us: Part Two, Spider-Man, & Ghost of Tsushima will be all presented, along with surprises throughout.

Tuesday, June 12th:

9:00 AM Pacific Time - Nintendo

Last edited:
Just jumping in to remind everyone that GiantBomb's live content for E3 is still industry leading. The best coverage around.

Just jumping in to remind everyone that GiantBomb's live content for E3 is still industry leading. The best coverage around.

I would say similar for Easy Allies as-well, as they are always a treat, even pre-E3 included.

More important is the Smash tournament is confirmed to be Switch's Smash, which confirms to me the game will release with Nintendo's online service in September.

To add on with this, I am guessing we are going to get more Smash information after April, so that way they can inform people what will happen for the invitational, who will be playable for the event, and if there is anything else they want to talk about prior to E3 for Smash.

Man, I hope we get something big from Bethesda this year. It would definitely make up for the lackluster presentation they had last year. I was a bit let down. Also, I know it probably won't happen but an Elder Scrolls VI announcement would be great. :pray:

So-far, it seems that they are doing two projects, with one of them presumably running on the Fallout 4/Skyrim engine.

I am interested if they are going to reveal that title, but what I am interested of, is the big three.

Microsoft seems that they are changing their strategies to go more into software presumably with Xbox One X being more of a success; Sony has Spider-Man, The Last of Us Part 2, Dreams, and more to show; and Nintendo has Prime 4, Pokemon, Smash, and Fire Emblem that will all be in their own ways huge draws. I am excited to see what comes out of the con for all three parties, alongside of Ubisoft after finally getting out of that hostile takeover in regards to Vivendi.

Ugh. It is way too early for the next generation
The talk is that Microsoft and Sony both want to start mimicking cell-phone releases with regular, incremental updates that are punctuated by "next generations." While I really don't like it, it makes sense (if it takes).

The irony is I'm holding out on upgrading to the One X until I know if a Two is happening in the next 18 months.

The talk is that Microsoft and Sony both want to start mimicking cell-phone releases with regular, incremental updates that are punctuated by "next generations." While I really don't like it, it makes sense (if it takes).

The irony is I'm holding out on upgrading to the One X until I know if a Two is happening in the next 18 months.

I refuse to upgrade my system until games start releasing that literally won't work on my system.

An iterative plan, IMO, will just push people away more than it will get people to buy more systems

I don't believe they're going to do that, it's just speculation. Plus the X just came out so any ideas they have are still a few years away from solidifying.

The problem with the cell phone model is there needs to be solid breaks in generations to necessitate throwing away old conventions and hardware to move onto the next thing. What if the PS4 was just an upgraded PS3? There'd be no built in streaming, poor store support, bad system upgrade, etc. I think the PS4+ and XBOX were not the start of a new trend because for generations before the hardware was miniaturized and reduced in price, this time they did that AND boosted the power to better accommodate 4K.

There will be a PS5 and there will be a Xbox 4 before there's another incremental upgrade.

There will be a PS5 and there will be a Xbox 4 before there's another incremental upgrade.
Hopefully, but (if we consider a sustained game library as a generation) Microsoft has done two incremental upgrades during the One generation already.

One (2014) - base model
One S (2016) - Added HDR support for streaming, video playback, and supported games.
One X (2017) - Added 4K gaming on supported games.

Microsoft also has backwards compatibility and Windows cross-play as major selling points, which makes regular, iterative updates an interesting proposition.

Hopefully, but (if we consider a sustained game library as a generation) Microsoft has done two incremental upgrades during the One generation already.

One (2014) - base model
One S (2016) - Added HDR support for streaming, video playback, and supported games.
One X (2017) - Added 4K gaming on supported games.

Microsoft also has backwards compatibility and Windows cross-play as major selling points, which makes regular, iterative updates an interesting proposition.

I think it's more likely Microsoft goes the steam machine (remember those) route than continuous small upgrades.

Additionally the 360 had many similar upgrades including HDMI support, two new form factors, and other enhancements. Hell the PS3 had several upgrades too.

Thanks for mentioning a new Xbox. Was going to get a One X, but needed to upgrade to a 4K TV first. Haven’t done either yet and still won’t until more info is released on new consoles.

Get something now if you want it, there will always be "wait till later".
Ehhh I usually do, but when it comes to the One X which I only really use currently for Rocket League with friends and NHL18. Really not a need to upgrade yet.