E3 2018 | Page 17 | Inside Universal Forums

E3 2018

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Sony games on showcase: Amazing

Sony's conference format: I think it might have been the worst structured so far and that's kinda shocking to me.

Pros: Tsushima, TLoU2, and Spider-Man look outstanding, and are absolute highlights of E3 so-far in my opinion. Glad we saw more of DS, even if it doesn't make sense for @Joe.

Cons: Man that setup was a No-Win situation, as it made the whole thing drag..

Reactions: Mike S
Don’t get why everyone on Twitter hated it.

Also, ELLIE!!!! :exclap:

EDIT: Apparently, TLOU2 and Death Stranding could be the last major releases of the console generation. That’s why they didn’t show anything new.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mike S
The format for Sony's presentation was definitely different, now I personally didn't mind it since ultimately what matters most is what you show off, and they brought out the heavy hitters.

The Last of Us Part II - Now that's a killer first impression, plain and simple.

Ghost of Tsushima - Ever since it was revealed that Insomniac was doing the Spider-Man game and not Sucker Punch as rumored, I was wondering what their next game would actually be. I'm all for a samurai game from them, it looks gorgeous!

Death Stranding - It's totally weird and unsettling, but I'm on board for...whatever the heck it is.

Spider-Man - This was a great way to finish it off, and I'm quite happy hearing it's only three months away.

Also, I was happy to see the Resident Evil 2 remake.

Thinking of it more, the more Tsushima absolutely blew me away. One of the most stunning games that I have seen, and as a huge nut for Japanese mythology, lore, and the beauty; it blows me away to seeing how they handle the Mongol period of Japan.

If I got a PS4 instead of Switch, this would be number one of my most anticipated games in general.

From Remedy (makers of Max Payne, Quantum Break, and Alan Wake) comes Control.

I loved AW and QB, so this is a day-one buy. Microsoft bought five new studios, but not Remedy? Seriously?

Last edited:
Watched some of Ubisoft's showcase and it was so boring, awkward, and so hesitant to just SHOW ME GAMES, that I left by Skull 'n Bones. Apparently Odyssey looks good, but I didn't stay to see it, I'll check it out tomorrow.

• Beyond Good and Evil 2 looks good, the three blurry seconds we saw of gameplay.
  • Skull 'n Bones looked pretty fun, but I'm not gonna pay 60$ and by the time the price drops I bet the community'll be dead on PC.

Terrible conference, they showed almost nothing I cared about and what I did care about, they showed so little actual gameplay. This was the worst conference I watched by FAR, definitely not watching their conference next year.

Didn't watch Sony's conference because PS4 actually does exclusives, although I heard about Nioh 2. I'm getting obsessed with Dark Souls 3 ATM and I'm planning to play all the souls games + Nioh before Sekio releases, so this adds another one to my list. Anyone know other non-PS4-exclusives they showed off?

Can't wait for Nintendo tomorrow, FINALLY we get to see Smash, I'm so hyped.

Didn't watch Sony's conference because PS4 actually does exclusives, although I heard about Nioh 2. I'm getting obsessed with Dark Souls 3 ATM and I'm planning to play all the souls games + Nioh before Sekio releases, so this adds another one to my list. Anyone know other non-PS4-exclusives they showed off?

Allow me to say this, and I hope I bring no offense...but what exactly do you mean by not watching the Sony conference, because "they have exclusives?"

To me, and I apologize if it comes that way, but it seems a bit...shall I say, egotistical and biased? Is it really that impossible to enjoy something that while, may not be something you have, that you can respect and give acknowledgement where it can be given?

I apologize if I'm rude, but I get a bad vibe from this element of the post.

That said, they seem to focus on first/second party this year, with first party bringing TLoU, DS, Tsushima, Spidey; and Second Party shown with Resident Evil 2 (Remake), a new game made by the creators of Accounting VR, and a few more.