E3 2018 | Page 22 | Inside Universal Forums

E3 2018

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Did it really freshen up 3D Mario though? It was really just Mario 64 style 3D Mario, didn’t feel that revolutionary.

(I don’t want another NSMB, either btw.)

Does it really matter if Odyssey was revolutionary, to when everyone who has played Mario 64 have wanted something similar to that? You could argue Cappy as the major change to the norm, and that actually can be valid, as he does open a LOT of mechanics for Mario to do. But, that it's still classic Mario 3D platforming from what I can see via video.

That said, do we really need that discussion on a thread dedicated to E3?

__

To take things back, one of the Konami games have been revealed, a revival of Hyper Sports

I think Nintendo's biggest Gaffe was revealing Smash Bros so many months ago.

It's obvious that Smash was THE game of E3 for Nintendo. A Surprise/New announcement with all those details would have been much more exciting.

A Metroid trailer would have made a lot of people happy. Even if it was just CG. I'm not sure why they didn't have "something" prepared. Feels like a missed opportunity.

The one thing I can say about Nintendo, is that they give us a more steady feed of new announcements via Nintendo direct through out the year. So E3 doesn't HAVE to be the Be all/End all event, like the other companies.

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
I think Nintendo's biggest Gaffe was revealing Smash Bros so many months ago.

It's obvious that Smash was THE game of E3 for Nintendo. A Surprise/New announcement with all those details would have been much more exciting.

A Metroid trailer would have made a lot of people happy. Even if it was just CG. I'm not sure why they didn't have "something" prepared. Feels like a missed opportunity.

The one thing I can say about Nintendo, is that they give us a more steady feed of new announcements via Nintendo direct through out the year. So E3 doesn't HAVE to be the Be all/End all event, like the other companies.

Honestly, I think that "Surprise" game people are so wanting, IS Daemon X Machina, and I get that feeling, as it was not only the main intro to the E3 Direct, but also revealed about 30 minutes worth of gameplay for the Treehouse. And honestly, it looks great. Glad that it's seeming like a collaboration of Armored Core, Fire Emblem, and other gaming aspects, into a very artsy, stylish, and metal mech game, that seems to run rather nicely for the hybrid.

Honestly, I think that "Surprise" game people are so wanting, IS Daemon X Machina, and I get that feeling, as it was not only the main intro to the E3 Direct, but also revealed about 30 minutes worth of gameplay for the Treehouse. And honestly, it looks great. Glad that it's seeming like a collaboration of Armored Core, Fire Emblem, and other gaming aspects, into a very artsy, stylish, and metal mech game, that seems to run rather nicely for the hybrid.
*suprise game that most people actually want. Like a big Nintendo first party game that hasn’t been confirmed for Switch yet. Plenty of studios that haven’t released anything recently. Nintendo games are what sell Nintendo systems and this is coming from a guy that owns/will own Mario + Rabbids (made entirely by Ubisoft so it counts as third party), Doom, Fortnite, Crash, Wolfenstein, and then Spyro and Doom Eternal should they make the jump.
Nintendo said they were focusing on games coming in the near future, so surprises really shouldn't be expected. Like it or not, they don't like to announce/talk about stuff too far in advance.

As much as I loved Sony's presser, we have no idea when Ghost, Last of Us, or Death Stranding will come out. That's not all that great.
They did the same last year and we got the announcements for Kirby, Yoshi, Fire Emblem, Pokémon, and Metroid. They have a habit of breaking that rule before too.

And this year they didn't break that rule. It is what it is
And what it is is disappointing. Say what you want about not knowing when those Sony games are coming but if Nintendo showed similar demos or even concept trailers for things like Pokémon and Metroid this Direct would’ve pleased much more people. People like seeing what’s in the future.

Apparently Microsoft may attempt/finalize a deal for a sixth studio, said to be bigger than all the others.

There were rumors a while back of Microsoft purchasing EA, Capcom, or Ubisoft.....

Nintendo Directs are great but due totally ruin E3 in some way. Imagine if we got the hit of Smash, new Pokemon, and more just now.