E3 2018 | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

E3 2018

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So it has some sort of online component allegedly.

For those unfamiliar with Fallout lore, Vault 76 was a control Vault with no horrible experiment happening inside like most of them. It was to open 20 years after the bombs dropped, so the game will be set in 2097, which is like 200 years before Fallout 3/4

oooohhhh I’m so sorry Pokémon fans.

This looks like hot garbage.

I think it’ll be fine as long as people keep their expectations in check. This is not a core RPG entry for the series, though it deceptively looks and acts a lot like one. I think it’ll be fun for what it is and will hold us over until the core entry next year.

I think it’ll be fine as long as people keep their expectations in check. This is not a core RPG entry for the series, though it deceptively looks and acts a lot like one. I think it’ll be fun for what it is and will hold us over until the core entry next year.
Very true, but I feel like Pokémon fans have been waiting for a main entry game on the switch for wayyy too long, and this is gonna piss a lot of people off.

Very true, but I feel like Pokémon fans have been waiting for a main entry game on the switch for wayyy too long, and this is gonna piss a lot of people off.
The Switch has only been out for a year. :lol:

This is a "main entry game", just one aimed at a new audience. It's to get them into the Switch ecosystem and ready for the "real" games coming next year.

Personally I think this looks great. It's a fun appetizer for next year, and looks super cute.

I agree that some people will be upset. The game seems almost experimental in some of the things they’re doing with it. Admittedly, it does seem odd that they’re releasing this pseudo-core entry game this year followed by a true core entry next year, but I’m honestly just excited to go back to Kanto so I’m fine with it.

Reactions: Mike S
The Switch has only been out for a year. :lol:
Does this mean that they couldn’t have been developing a huge core game with dev kits before the switch was released? Odyssey was released within a year of the switch’s release, I really don’t get why this game is taking so long. It’s a good thing I don’t really care about new Pokémon games, they usually don’t add anything I care with new entries, just port some older entries and I’ll be happy. :shrug:

Does this mean that they couldn’t have been developing a huge core game with dev kits before the switch was released? Odyssey was released within a year of the switch’s release, I really don’t get why this game is taking so long. It’s a good thing I don’t really care about new Pokémon games, they usually don’t add anything I care with new entries, just port some older entries and I’ll be happy. :shrug:
Big new Pokémon games haves never released so soon on a new system. Apparently next year’s games have been in developement for quite a while already.

I think the timing probably had a lot to do with the team working on Sun, Moon, and the Ultra versions of each which didn’t release all that long ago. This game seems like a Pokémon Go + or a core entry-lite depending on your perspective. As some have mentioned, it’ll bring in some new people, some of which may have only gotten their first exposure to the series with Pokémon Go, thus the implementation of some of its mechanics. What’s beautiful about this for Nintendo is that both this game and the core entry next year will sell incredibly well. Why not release two blockbuster titles instead of just one? It’ll be somewhat divisive, and this year’s game won’t be for everyone, but it’s an incredibly smart move from Nintendo.

Let’s Go and the 2019 games have been worked on since 2016. Gamefreak is used to working on handhelds not HD devices, so it makes sense it’s taking a little longer. They can take all the time they need to make a great game imo. Let’s Go will tide me over till then

Reactions: Mike S
Take this with a grain of salt, but this guy leaked Fallout 76 a few hours before its reveal.

He says that Xbox will announce Forza Horizon 4, Gears of War 5, some Halo game, and Sunset Overdrive 2 at this years E3. And you remember that leak from a couple weeks back where it said that "Yoshi's Flipping Island" was a thing? Apparently that whole leak was accurate.

EDIT: Where I first found out the info

The actual post: Bethesda is announcing Fallout: Vault 76 : gaming

Still on the fence about this. If I can play the quests/side quests without dealing with PvP shenanigans, I'm in

kotaku.com/sources-fallout-76-is-an-online-survival-rpg-1826425333

Take this with a grain of salt, but this guy leaked Fallout 76 a few hours before its reveal.

He says that Xbox will announce Forza Horizon 4, Gears of War 5, some Halo game, and Sunset Overdrive 2 at this years E3. And you remember that leak from a couple weeks back where it said that "Yoshi's Flipping Island" was a thing? Apparently that whole leak was accurate.

EDIT: Where I first found out the info

The actual post: Bethesda is announcing Fallout: Vault 76 : gaming

So ready for Metroid.