E3 2018 | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

E3 2018

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
According to rumors, it’s a Gears of War Battle Royale game.

I like battle royale games. I like Gears. But this idea sounds horrible.

The next Gears was leaked back I believe in Early 2018, as someone accidentally got the ability to see things such as Forza Horizon 4, Perfect Dark getting a reboot, and Fable IV being worked on by Playground Games, along with another entry for the Gears series.

Could we get a Last Man Standing feature in the game alongside anything else they throw? Possible, but now, I would think a bit pessimistic towards that.

The next Gears was leaked back I believe in Early 2018, as someone accidentally got the ability to see things such as Forza Horizon 4, Perfect Dark getting a reboot, and Fable IV being worked on by Playground Games, along with another entry for the Gears series.

Could we get a Last Man Standing feature in the game alongside anything else they throw? Possible, but now, I would think a bit pessimistic towards that.

This is supposed to be a standalone game.

Giving some final predictions of Nintendo for E3,

• Prime 4 will receive a new teaser (no Gameplay), with Bandai Namco announced as the developer officially
  • Fire Emblem will be released for Holiday 2018 with it taking elements from Joan of Arc, uses Fates/Awakening features and on Unreal 4
  • Yoshi revealed fully, with August 10th release date
  • Smash Bros receives character announcements of Ridley and a Third Party character, debuting on September 24th
  • Port of Shin Megami Tensei #FE or HD Remaster of a Nintendo 1st Party IP revealed for October
  • Retro Studios IP announced for 2019, not Grand Prix
  • No Pikmin announcement
  • No Mario Odyssey DLC
  • FortNite confirmed

• Prime 4 will receive a new teaser (no Gameplay), with Bandai Namco announced as the developer officially
  • Fire Emblem will be released for Holiday 2018 with it taking elements from Joan of Arc, uses Fates/Awakening features and on Unreal 4
  • Smash Bros receives character announcements of Ridley and a Third Party character, debuting on September 24th
  • Port of Shin Megami Tensei #FE or HD Remaster of a Nintendo 1st Party IP revealed for October
  • No Pikmin announcement
  • No Mario Odyssey DLC
  • FortNite confirmed

How’d you come up with such a specific date for Smash :lol:

• No Pikmin announcement
  • No Mario Odyssey DLC
  • FortNite confirmed
Can we switch having Ridley in Smash for Odyssey DLC? Or someone who’s not too big like Dark Samus or Sylux since he’s the expected baddie for Prime 4?

Can we switch having Ridley in Smash for Odyssey DLC? Or someone who’s not too big like Dark Samus or Sylux since he’s the expected baddie for Prime 4?

Why focus efforts on DLC, to when you can get the ball rolling on development for an Odyssey 2 right after the first game completed development? ;)

As crazy as I sound, yes, I do think they are working on Odyssey 2, and that, I think they'd be wise to try to have it ready by the 2020 Tokyo Olympics (and possibly by the time the Illumination/Nintendo project releases)

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
Why focus efforts on DLC, to when you can get the ball rolling on development for an Odyssey 2 right after the first game completed development? ;)

As crazy as I sound, yes, I do think they are working on Odyssey 2, and that, I think they'd be wise to try to have it ready by the 2020 Tokyo Olympics (and possibly by the time the Illumination/Nintendo project releases)

Not to mention SNW Japan.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
Not to mention SNW Japan.

Well, to be blunt, Mario's 35th Anniversary is then as-well.

Quite frankly, I think with how big Mario Odyssey being, that they would be stupid to not be working on the next main-line Open World Mario title now, to then just do DLC to Odyssey.

And one more thing to add to the Nintendo E3 predictions, Treehouse Live will have a surprise Nintendo Switch announcement for an Early 2019 title (Bayonetta 3 or 4 Player Zelda)

The reason there was a Galaxy 2 was because of unused ideas for Galaxy 1. The Wii wasn’t really good for making expansive DLC, but the Switch is. Also, the Wii is the only console to ever get more than one 3D Mario. Personally, I’ll take the DLC if it’s plentiful.

Snake? Snaaaaaaaaake!!!!

That's not my guesses.

The two third party characters that come to mind, is the rumored Simon Beaumont from Castlevania, as that would finally get all of the classic JP developer's into Smash (Capcom = MM/Ryu, Bandai = Pac, SEGA = Sonic, Square = Cloud), and the other, is Steve/Alex from Minecraft.

Why Minecraft, is simple, the seeming relationship with Microsoft and Nintendo being more clearer, especially seen when we look at cross-play from Minecraft, Rocket League, and a few other titles as of now. And, that I think it'd be a possible sign of good sportsmanship that both companies seem to sometimes have. Not to mention, that would be remarkably easy for Nintendo/Bandai to have, as Steve/Alex can be interchangeable like the Villager, and have a variety of attacks.

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
That's not my guesses.

The two third party characters that come to mind, is the rumored Simon Beaumont from Castlevania, as that would finally get all of the classic JP developer's into Smash (Capcom = MM/Ryu, Bandai = Pac, SEGA = Sonic, Square = Cloud), and the other, is Steve/Alex from Minecraft.

Why Minecraft, is simple, the seeming relationship with Microsoft and Nintendo being more clearer, especially seen when we look at cross-play from Minecraft, Rocket League, and a few other titles as of now. And, that I think it'd be a possible sign of good sportsmanship that both companies seem to sometimes have. Not to mention, that would be remarkably easy for Nintendo/Bandai to have, as Steve/Alex can be interchangeable like the Villager, and have a variety of attacks.
Seriously though, Steve should be in Smash, Minecraft is hugely popular on modern Nintendo devices and is the 2nd most popular game ever.

Minecraft deserves to be Smash's first indie rep.

Seriously though, Steve should be in Smash, Minecraft is hugely popular on modern Nintendo devices and is the 2nd most popular game ever.

Minecraft deserves to be Smash's first indie rep.

I would not call Minecraft an Indie IP, like, at all.

But I do think we see two Smash characters during the Direct, and confirmation of changes to Mario, Peach, Zelda, and Link.

To clarify another reason I don’t want Odyssey 2 is because a couple years ago Nintendo got into the habit of releasing a fare few Mario platformers in quick succession and quality suffered for it. Then they took off for a few years and we ended up with Odyssey. Imo we only need a return to form for 2D Mario and we’re good for the Switch. Then the trend of only 2 games per generation (one 3D, one 2D) should continue.