Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Early Park Admission

Feb 11, 2014
Nashville, TN
What is the best way to know which park will be operating Early Park Admission? When I booked my vacation in January for a May trip, the rep didn't know. I don't want to just pop up at one of the gates and not know which park will be open. We're hoping to get Diagon for EPA.

We will be there May 23-June 1, 2015.

Thanks in advance for the help

The best way to know for sure is to call Uni customer service 1-2 days before your trip. That said, I just checked and IOA (Hogsmeade) will be the EPA the last week of May. Keep in mind that could change at any moment.

Even if it is only hogsmeade on your trip I believe they start running the express a little early so you could try to do that if they don't have diagon EPA while you are there.

I think they do it so people dont book around the times they have diagon early entry. Everyone is there for that so by not announcing in advance it keeps the hotel occupancy steady.

A majority of the time if you get EPA and walk into an attraction before 9 am they will still run it for you.

Rode dueling dragons twice by myself with my EPA that was only for forbidden journey

Best person to respond would be Seth.

Generally a few weeks before Universal will change the early entry locations. Even if it's IoA only, Diagon Alley will open 30 minutes prior to the posted open time for guests.

I appreciate all of the responses.

I'm going to call and give it a shot. Maybe they won't be as vague closer to the dates than they have been thus far. I know they don't want to say something inaccurate.

If it isn't EPA for those dates (which I'm hoping they'll change due to the expected higher crowds for Memorial Day), then which method do you guys think I should do:
1. Hit IOA early and be in line for the Hogwarts Express and ride over, or
2. Arrive about 30-45 minutes early to the gates of the Studios.

I know it's silly, but I'm bringing my 13 year old niece for her first trip to Universal. I have been to Universal several times, so I don't mind just floating around, but I want her to have the best possible experience with the HP stuff as she is a big fan. In particular, I want her to have the most "authentic" HP book experience, which would be Diagon-Gringotts-Hogwart's Express-Forbidden Journey.

I suppose I just answered my own question then - rope dropping Studio's it is! I want for when she see's Hogwarts to be as awe inspiring for her as it was for me, so no sneaking a peak, even to get Early Admission! :)

I appreciate all of the responses.

I'm going to call and give it a shot. Maybe they won't be as vague closer to the dates than they have been thus far. I know they don't want to say something inaccurate.

If it isn't EPA for those dates (which I'm hoping they'll change due to the expected higher crowds for Memorial Day), then which method do you guys think I should do:
1. Hit IOA early and be in line for the Hogwarts Express and ride over, or
2. Arrive about 30-45 minutes early to the gates of the Studios.

I know it's silly, but I'm bringing my 13 year old niece for her first trip to Universal. I have been to Universal several times, so I don't mind just floating around, but I want her to have the best possible experience with the HP stuff as she is a big fan. In particular, I want her to have the most "authentic" HP book experience, which would be Diagon-Gringotts-Hogwart's Express-Forbidden Journey.

I suppose I just answered my own question then - rope dropping Studio's it is! I want for when she see's Hogwarts to be as awe inspiring for her as it was for me, so no sneaking a peak, even to get Early Admission! :)
Do the unofficial early entry at USF, knock out Despicable Me and get in line for Gringotts, then take the train to IOA.

Bumping this thread after a year, because I have a question about when they announce Early Park Admission info.

I have noticed, according to the Universal Orlando website Early Park Admission pages
(https://www.universalorlando.com/Resort-Information/Early-Park-Admission.aspx)
That there is no more Early Park Admission listed past the end of June for as long as the schedule is posted (which at this writing is Nov 2016).

Does this mean that the practice is being discontinued? That would be very disappointing, as I'm going in July, and staying at the Royal Pacific, and EPA was one of the reasons I booked that particular resort hotel.

I'm hoping that the EPA hours merely haven't been decided yet, but there is no information that I could find at the Universal Orlando website (or these forums) that indicates one way or the other.

Does anybody have any insight on this? Thanks.

Bumping this thread after a year, because I have a question about when they announce Early Park Admission info.

I have noticed, according to the Universal Orlando website Early Park Admission pages
That there is no more Early Park Admission listed past the end of June for as long as the schedule is posted (which at this writing is Nov 2016).

Does this mean that the practice is being discontinued? That would be very disappointing, as I'm going in July, and staying at the Royal Pacific, and EPA was one of the reasons I booked that particular resort hotel.

I'm hoping that the EPA hours merely haven't been decided yet, but there is no information that I could find at the Universal Orlando website (or these forums) that indicates one way or the other.

Your hope would be correct.

If you aren't staying a Universal Resort but are active duty military, they sometimes will allow you and your dependents into the park for early admission if you show your ID card. Found that out on my last trip when we were allowed in early two of the three days early. Passing on that tip because I didn't see it on here.

Universal is quite shy about what parks have Early Entry more than a month out. They'll continue to offer it, just might have to find out which park when you get to the resort.

What's the best strategy for EPA? We will be there 2 days but only early for one. Gringotts is our #1, my #2 is Kong though the rest of the group may be wanting FJ next (we've done it before, but we have a huge HP fan in our group). Ideally we can do all 3 (but we will have a toddler in tow so we may not be able to accomplish this). Since we're staying on site, we will have priority for most of the other rides. Thanks for any advice.

What's the best strategy for EPA? We will be there 2 days but only early for one. Gringotts is our #1, my #2 is Kong though the rest of the group may be wanting FJ next (we've done it before, but we have a huge HP fan in our group). Ideally we can do all 3 (but we will have a toddler in tow so we may not be able to accomplish this). Since we're staying on site, we will have priority for most of the other rides. Thanks for any advice.

I would do Kong first, it has had the longest wait.
Plus since you have a little one you can always go through the child swap for both Gringotts and FJ