Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Effects of Coronavirus (COVID-19) On Entertainment & Tourism Industry

Status
Not open for further replies.
The opening of society is happening just about everywhere. Italy, whose economy is dependent on tourism like Orlando's, is opening up, and doing some of the same covid questionable practices, you see the people here doing. ..."Washington Post today, "Nightlife in Italy Comes Roaring Back" ..."Drawn outdoors by ideal weather, Italians this weekend gathered at beaches, bars, piazzas, drinking and sometimes flouting social distancing rules".

The opening of society is happening just about everywhere. Italy, whose economy is dependent on tourism like Orlando's, is opening up, and doing some of the same covid questionable practices, you see the people here doing. ..."Washington Post today, "Nightlife in Italy Comes Roaring Back" ..."Drawn outdoors by ideal weather, Italians this weekend gathered at beaches, bars, piazzas, drinking and sometimes flouting social distancing rules".

Social distancing has been driven so hard into people's subconscious that it makes sense to start opening things back up.Hopefully 2 months of lock down should be enough to make sure that people remain diligent so that we don't have to return to it.

Social distancing has been driven so hard into people's subconscious that it makes sense to start opening things back up.Hopefully 2 months of lock down should be enough to make sure that people remain diligent so that we don't have to return to it.
Haha, right. Have you actually been to America? After 2 months of being on lockdown with ourselves, we have decided to just make a sprint for herd immunity.

Last edited:
Haha, right. Have you actually been to America? After 2 months of being on lockdown with ourselves, he have decided to just make a sprint for herd immunity.
We can hope that most will remain diligent but I fear the worst. Italy seems to be further along in this than the US but the meatheads here think if Italy can open we can as well. Death and new case rate say differently in many places.

You mean it's not just those selfish Americans everyone has been complaining about who go out and have a good time and not follow social distancing. It almost seems like it is human nature to go out and live it up once you have been stuck inside and it is not just those stupid Americans. Seems like it is a by product of having freedoms and not having fear of being punished for not following protocol. Sorry for rant just tired of seeing everyone jump on the hate wagon of a group of people

You mean it's not just those selfish Americans everyone has been complaining about who go out and have a good time and not follow social distancing. It almost seems like it is human nature to go out and live it up once you have been stuck inside and it is not just those stupid Americans. Seems like it is a by product of having freedoms and not having fear of being punished for not following protocol. Sorry for rant just tired of seeing everyone jump on the hate wagon of a group of people
This picture is from yesterday. Do you think these people are displaying social responsibility?

675dbd1b-f3da-4a8e-8e88-549a7ffc17a7-large16x9_lakeoftheozarks.jpg

Myself, a nice 4 day Memorial Day weekend with perfect weather.. Never left my property. Great meals, and mojitos on the deck, and in the yard, and in the secret gardens in the woods. A good woman, good drinks and good food in a park setting with co operating great weather. Can't ask for anything more. Don't need a crowded tourist site. :thumbsup: :cheers:...and onto a Seafood boil tonight...Alaskan Crab legs, extra large shrimp, kielbassi, corn & potatoes. :grin:

This picture is from yesterday. Do you think these people are displaying social responsibility?

Quick reply but if we want to continue discussion let's move over the general COVID thread.
I think you missed the point of my post and instead got caught in the weeds. I am saying people are using a stereotype (selfish americans) of a group of people to hate on them. Just saying it is wrong since all places that have opened up have had the same issue

Turns out there's a huge uptick in demand for motels particularly because of their exterior walkways.

Looks like the All-Star hotels are going to be a big hit again.

I was wondering about this yesterday... it does sound more appealing from a health standpoint, if nothing else!

Last week I was thinking about the little cabin motels here on the island. They are so 1950’s/60’s and I always thought them unappealing... but nowadays....

Emerys-about-banner.jpg

Oddly from what I’ve seen it’s mainly the 30-40+ year olds that are going out; the younger millenials/gen Z seem to be taking this more seriously. Alternatively we’re just more used to continuously being inside and this affects us less. Unfortunate because 30+ is when the CFR starts to creep up.

See, I wouldn’t have entered that fetid pool a year ago, 20 years ago. Imagine the taint!

Oddly from what I’ve seen it’s mainly the 30-40+ year olds that are going out; the younger millenials/gen Z seem to be taking this more seriously. Alternatively we’re just more used to continuously being inside and this affects us less. Unfortunate because 30+ is when the CFR starts to creep up.

There you go, playing the age card! ;)

How about this one:

A thunderstorm happens at 2pm. 80% of guests take off their masks. TMs look at each other in confusion. TMs run around and eventually make everyone put on their masks.

The next day, a thunderstorm happens at 2pm. 80% of guests take off their masks. TMs look at each other in confusion. TMs run around and eventually make everyone put on their masks.

The next day, a thunderstorm happens at 2pm. 80% of guests take off their masks. TMs look at each and remember the conversation they had in their team meeting that morning where their manager said “don’t worry about enforcing it outside anymore”.

I think mask adoption will not be an issue at UOR. My worry when it comes to thunderstorms is where do the people go? If you're limiting people in shops, restaurants, queues, and indoor areas where will 10k-15k people go?

Status
Not open for further replies.