Effects of Coronavirus (COVID-19) On Entertainment & Tourism Industry | Page 233 | Inside Universal Forums

Effects of Coronavirus (COVID-19) On Entertainment & Tourism Industry

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there any particular reason UOR has 7pm closures at all their parks on Sunday night this upcoming weekend including VB? As well as 7pm closure on Monday the 14th for both IOA and USF?

Do they expect big crowds again on those days?Screen Shot 2020-09-08 at 4.33.04 PM.png

Reminds me of when we were dirt poor growing up. No food stamps yet, medicaid or much of a social safety net. My single mom (who only had a eighth grade education because the girls had to quit school to run the farm while their brothers fought front lines in WW II),was only able to get government surplus food because there were no food stamps in the 50's and early 60's. We went to the government surplus food pantry. They gave you a large bag of flour,large tin of
peanut butter, and oatmeal, powdered milk, (sometimes a tin of spam as a special treat) once a month. That was it. That was the government safety net back then....Hard life but it toughened you up to face life's difficult times.

Last edited:
Is this "Cast Connection" always running and selling food previous to the pandemic?

The food has been there the better part of a decade now. Originally just a way to sell discontinued, damaged and lost-and-never-found goods, I remember the first time I walked in to see piled bags of rice and blocks of government cheese. Wasn't a good look for Disney then, still not one now.

Reactions: RevFreako
The food has been there the better part of a decade now. Originally just a way to sell discontinued, damaged and lost-and-never-found goods, I remember the first time I walked in to see piled bags of rice and blocks of government cheese. Wasn't a good look for Disney then, still not one now.
Literal gov't cheese, or overstock from food and bev?

Just a clarification. "Government Cheese" is simply "American Cheese". Which is processed cheese food product. And was created and distributed along with powdered milk and butter to stabilize dairy prices after Government subsidies created a surplus of milk.

Interesting fact is that Government Cheese has a higher nutritional value and better flavor than Kraft American Singles.

Feature article in today's Washington Post. Long, in depth with a ton of photos..."A Pandemic, a Motel Without Power and a Potentially Terrifying Glimpse of Orlando's Future"....The article concentrates
on the plight of the poor and unemployed trying to survive in the motels on the outskirts of WDW. The Star Motel, now deserted by it's owner, is featured along with the stories of the people trying
to live there. Lots of sad stories.

Last edited:
Feature article in today's Washington Post. Long, in depth with a ton of photos..."A Pandemic, a Motel Without Power and a Potentially Terrifying Glimpse of Orlando's Future"....The article concentrates
on the plight of the poor and unemployed trying to survive in the motels on the outskirts of WDW. The Star Motel, now deserted by it's owner, is featured along with the stories of the people trying

Story hits home because I was literally shopping for Halloween stuff across the street from here yesterday. A lot to unpack, but I will say COVID only exacerbated a lot of issues that were already well-established.

I remember reading stuff like this in 2008. I would never want to operate a hotel in Orlando

• Sad
Reactions: Mad Dog
Status
Not open for further replies.