Effects of Coronavirus (COVID-19) On Entertainment & Tourism Industry | Page 235 | Inside Universal Forums

Effects of Coronavirus (COVID-19) On Entertainment & Tourism Industry

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If this works out, and cost is affordable, it could really help stop the spread. Put one in each major airport for travel

Italian firm develops groundbreaking 12-min COVID test - English
I know there's another 15 minute Test that one can conceivably do at home looking for FDA approval too. They can't tell if you're infected with a small amount of the virus, but they can tell if you're at a contagious stage when you should stay home

UPMC researchers last week publicly announced they're working on a test that will give results in 15 seconds...... Of course, the bottom line is whether the results have a high degree of accuracy. If they don't, they're not very useful.

Reactions: SeventyOne
If a test can be fast and cheap, it can really boost travel I just came back from Uni and have to quarrantine for 14 days or a negative test. I have my test today, but it will take about 3 days for results. That stops a lot of travel. Instant results will allow for much more travel for those who feel thay can keep themselves safe, but don't want the down time from work.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Don't want to get too political here BUT Florida has a Republican Governor and the theme parks have been open for weeks now with no real issues. Meanwhile, California, which has a Democratic Governor, is getting nowhere with reopening theme parks...

It's almost like there's zero leadership in America from the top down and every state was told to fend for itself. Thanks, Obama.

Amazing how much the map changed from what it looked like the first three months (March/April/May), to what it looks like now. Almost complete confirmed cases difference.

You got the wrong guy. The Obama administration handed the tinpot dictator a playbook for pandemics, that was then thrown in the trash.

Pretty sure it was a reference to the old "Thanks Obama" memetenor.gif

In re: to the LA area, look at the voting patterns of the most heavily hit counties surrounding LA county, it goes a long way to explaining the case count

Status
Not open for further replies.