Effects of Coronavirus (COVID-19) On Entertainment & Tourism Industry | Page 237 | Inside Universal Forums

Effects of Coronavirus (COVID-19) On Entertainment & Tourism Industry

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed...However, nobody is forcing anyone to go out to dinner, to a movie, a sporting event, or even a theme park. If people feel safe and comfortable to do so then they should be able to make their own decisions and live their life accordingly. Especially since you have to wear a mask everywhere you go...The fact that Disneyland in California is still closed is shameful considering how many people it employs which brings me back to the difference between having a Democratic Governor in California and a Republican in Florida...
Florida was one lockdown week away from total health....ONE!

Agreed...However, nobody is forcing anyone to go out to dinner, to a movie, a sporting event, or even a theme park. If people feel safe and comfortable to do so then they should be able to make their own decisions and live their life accordingly. Especially since you have to wear a mask everywhere you go...The fact that Disneyland in California is still closed is shameful considering how many people it employs which brings me back to the difference between having a Democratic Governor in California and a Republican in Florida...

Please don’t bring politics into it.

It's exhausting that this thread essentially just becomes:

"People can choose to risk it or stay home and be safe. No one is forcing you to go out." vs. "Those choosing to risk going out also risk the lives of others they interact with day-to-day" every week or so. I don't know how many times the same users can repeat this conversation into the ground. I know I'm on one side & have argued it to the bone myself, but I just don't have it in me to argue with the other at this point. It's a never-ending discussion where no side listens to the other.

/vent

Last edited:
Agreed...However, nobody is forcing anyone to go out to dinner, to a movie, a sporting event, or even a theme park. If people feel safe and comfortable to do so then they should be able to make their own decisions and live their life accordingly.
The problem isn’t the single person who gets infected at a restaurant or bar or sporting event. It’s the collective that gets infected at these places, and then goes on to infect their family, friends, and coworkers, sometimes unknowingly.

The more potential super spreader events we create, the more people die. This is just the facts.

Sometimes people are like children, then need to be given strong rules and regulations to ensure their safety, and to keep them from becoming a burden to our systems.

Not to mention, their actions can impact people who do not take those same actions.

Again. Smart regulations in place are beneficial to all of society right now. Free for all is not.

Becoming extremely difficult to keep politics out of this thread, but seems like the majority of people on here would prefer to keep this country locked down...
Yeah six weeks ago I would have said shut down, but reading how other countries have handled this I think we should reopen in some sort of capacity here in California. If a movie theater opened I personally wouldn't go, but if people feel safe then go ahead y'know? I just don't want us to have a Florida situation nationwide where it's huge capacity levels.

Please don’t bring politics into it.
I love how I stumbled upon this theme park forum by accident and now I'm a daily reader and commentator on the Covid-19 crisis. I think I joined because of the pets ride and now here I am, one of the most civil places to discuss this whole ordeal is a theme park forum. Thank you for the actual factual information on this IU Forums.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love how I stumbled upon this theme park forum by accident and now I'm a daily reader and commentator on the Covid-19 crisis. I think I joined because of the pets ride and now here I am, one of the most civil places to discuss this whole ordeal is a theme park forum. Thank you for the actual factual information on this IU Forums.
Believe me, we’re ALL here to discuss the parks. There’s just no way around this topic, we all agree, it sucks.

Reactions: rinacee
I understand the choice to not allow political discussion here, it can become real divisive real quick

We're all just trying to Live, Laugh, Love

Believe me, we’re ALL here to discuss the parks. There’s just no way around this topic, we all agree, it sucks.
Oh lmao nah I just meant that the most accurate site for Covid news is this one. Like I read a lot of left and right news sites; but this one site shares stories and news I never would've found normally. Scotland is having a rise in cases? ABC News doesn't cover that, but the IU Forums do.

It's exhausting that this thread essentially just becomes:

"People can choose to risk it or stay home and be safe. No one is forcing you to go out." vs. "Those choosing to risk going out also risk the lives of others they interact with day-to-day" every week or so. I don't know how many times the same users can repeat this conversation into the ground. I know I'm on one side & have argued it to the bone myself, but I just don't have it in me to argue with the other at this point. It's a never-ending discussion where no side listens to the other.

/vent

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
The problem is Gov Ron removed any enforcement from local mask mandates. People being people I give it two weeks til the majority stop wearing or "forget" them
I do think the corporate overlords of the chain businesses and WDW will keep a requirement until the CDC provides other guidance. Just because Dr Ron decided it was OK I don't think their lawyers would agree. (I hope)

Oh lmao nah I just meant that the most accurate site for Covid news is this one. Like I read a lot of left and right news sites; but this one site shares stories and news I never would've found normally. Scotland is having a rise in cases? ABC News doesn't cover that, but the IU Forums do.
Strangely enough , on IU, we've been ahead of the covid info curve through most of this. Just a few examples.*Contagion via aerosols *Saw the surge, and reasons for, the surge, in Florida cases before it was being anticipated by the media.
*Reported the new wave of increases in Europe before it was being widely reported. Plus a host of other covid info. IU ROCKS

You really want to broaden your world view take a peek at India's numbers. Sit down first.
I heard an NPR report today about there being 1 million worldwide deaths so far. Expected to double through to next summer.

Yeah six weeks ago I would have said shut down, but reading how other countries have handled this I think we should reopen in some sort of capacity here in California. If a movie theater opened I personally wouldn't go, but if people feel safe then go ahead y'know? I just don't want us to have a Florida situation nationwide where it's huge capacity levels.

California should be able to do some reopening. It’s all about balance.

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
The problem is Gov Ron removed any enforcement from local mask mandates. People being people I give it two weeks til the majority stop wearing or "forget" them
I do think the corporate overlords of the chain businesses and WDW will keep a requirement until the CDC provides other guidance. Just because Dr Ron decided it was OK I don't think their lawyers would agree. (I hope)
I don't think that's the case

I think businesses will still mandate them...and if you refuse and call a scene, security can still get involved

I don't think we're socially at the point where people are going to take them off in a unifying victory cry

I don't think that's the case

I think businesses will still mandate them...and if you refuse and call a scene, security can still get involved

I don't think we're socially at the point where people are going to take them off in a unifying victory cry
You could get trespassed if you violate a business's rules and refuse to leave but now the local authorities that passed a mask mandate cannot fine you. Kinda takes the teeth out of it and before the business could be closed for not following the mandate, Now? Nope open and party! NO consequences possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.