Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Effects of Coronavirus (COVID-19) On Entertainment & Tourism Industry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopped over to Universal's site just to play around with hotel dates later this year and the first thing that shows up on their main page is a 3 Day Ticket for $179.99. That same ticket runs for $266 on Undercover Tourist, and the only blockout dates are 12/19-12/31.

On one hand this is a tremendous deal, but on the other it definitely worries me that these parks really expect attendance to be low for the next year or so.

Edit: The deal appears to only be for Florida Residents, but regardless, still quite cheap.
I was planning on going to Disneyland this year anyway....but seems like within the next 12 months it should be very light on people. I wont go until I feel its safe...but doubt until a cure is produced we will be letting any tourist into the country which means many theme parks are about to lose a lot of people coming to the parks just from that...not to mention how many are losing money right now and unless they go into debt would be able to go to the parks.

It will be interesting to see if they can even open in the summer

One of the problems with going to the parks the first few months, sans any health risks, is that the experience will probably be significantly downgraded in relation to live entertainment, night shows, parades, M&G's, and maybe even some rides.

So Trump had a conference call with all sports commissioners today. One of the main things that came out of it was this:

Packing 60,000 into an arena as early as August/September seems unlikely.

I mean he'll say whatever he wants to make it feel like he's in control but that's out of his hands.
Well, it’s partially in his hands. If he starts allowing mass gatherings and the leagues take that as the sign that we’re in the clear, then they’ll be anxious to make money and not have to postpone like every other sport has had to.

But this thing could/likely will come back in the fall, so I’m not expecting anything currently scheduled this year to happen and will be pleasantly surprised if anything happens with any form of entertainment.

One of the problems with going to the parks the first few months, sans any health risks, is that the experience will probably be significantly downgraded in relation to live entertainment, night shows, parades, M&G's, and maybe even some rides.

I'd imagine that coasters might not open. People screaming with particles of spit flying into the rows behind them. The thought of that without a virus is actually quite off putting.

Well, it’s partially in his hands. If he starts allowing mass gatherings and the leagues take that as the sign that we’re in the clear, then they’ll be anxious to make money and not have to postpone like every other sport has had to.

But this thing could/likely will come back in the fall, so I’m not expecting anything currently scheduled this year to happen and will be pleasantly surprised if anything happens with any form of entertainment.
Normal start of training camp is July 15, rookies and first year the week earlier, I just can't see it happening.

Last edited:
I’m genuinely lost on the strategy here. While I tend to disagree with the President, I can see his strategical point of view. This man I think just cannot handle or grasp reality, or simply only thinks about how he thinks/what he thinks. All he’s going to do is pro-long this entire endeavor for the country (and the economy)

I’m genuinely lost on the strategy here. While I tend to disagree with the President, I can see his strategical point of view. This man I think just cannot handle or grasp reality, or simply only thinks about how he thinks/what he thinks. All he’s going to do is pro-long this entire endeavor for the country (and the economy)

If you've paid any attention that's how he's operated his whole presidency, it's just how he feels at that exact moment, not realizing that being wishy washy is generally worse than being wrong (although maybe not in this case).

If you've paid any attention that's how he's operated his whole presidency, it's just how he feels at that exact moment, not realizing that being wishy washy is generally worse than being wrong (although maybe not in this case).
Oh I’ve doubted him from day 1, but I didn’t think the people around him would he this stupid to let things get like this. Him, and many governors across the country have disappointed me more than ever before. I just thought this was the most “reality check” we’ve had as a country truly not only in a very long time but this Presidency. Didn’t really expect him to change but I guess I expected others to. Shame on me.

That's because, unlike the current occupant of the White House, you put thought into it.
Oh I’ve doubted him from day 1, but I didn’t think the people around him would he this stupid to let things get like this. Him, and many governors across the country have disappointed me more than ever before. I just thought this was the most “reality check” we’ve had as a country truly not only in a very long time but this Presidency. Didn’t really expect him to change but I guess I expected others to. Shame on me.

Woah! Please not here.

Sorry broke into the quarantine stash today as it's my first day off in a while, I'll refrain from posting any more tonight :cheers:

Sorry Joe, but I stand by my post, and reject your complaint. It was dry and factual. It's impossible to discuss the topic of this thread without discussing the response, or lack of, by our leadership, from Trump on down.
I understand and I am not the thread police but it seems out of place here. May I suggest

Those people are rabid

I understand and I am not the thread police but it seems out of place here. May I suggest

Those people are rabid
I would rather give you an open mouth kiss than ever go to WDWMagic, Joe. I'm just saying that my factual statement shouldn't be lumped in with the others. I've been guilty of taking it too far in the politics thread in the past, but I feel I was definitely inbounds from all angles.

Status
Not open for further replies.