Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Effects of Coronavirus (COVID-19) On Entertainment & Tourism Industry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not trying to be too coy, but, my Uncle knows and is friends with Shahid Khan who owns the Jaguars. From my understanding talking with my uncle, Khan is fine with zero fans at their stadiums but Desantis specifically said he wants AT LEAST 8,000.

MOD NOTE: Deleted Political parts

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think it's been mentioned here but there has been a big push by the government to get people out to restaurants with the Eat Out to Help Out scheme.

Basically, if you go out to a restaurant Monday to Wednesday, you will get 50% off your meal up to the value of £10.

Ironically, the government are also making a huge push against obesity while offering McDonalds at half price.

Plenty of restaurants are fully booked on Monday to Wednesday for the rest of the month while weekends are starting to return to normal.

New Mutants tickets go on sale August 18. Looks like there's no turning back now unless a chain pulls out

Hate to say it because it looks like a cool movie that perfectly captures the look of the 80s/90s comic, but it's an outdated entry in a dead franchise that's been sitting on the shelf for years and was already sold to HBO for the secondary market. No one expected it to make a ton of money at this point, so good guinea pig to see if anyone will actually show up.

Hate to say it because it looks like a cool movie that perfectly captures the look of the 80s/90s comic, but it's an outdated entry in a dead franchise that's been sitting on the shelf for years and was already sold to HBO for the secondary market. No one expected it to make a ton of money at this point, so good guinea pig to see if anyone will actually show up.
On the other hand, they're contractually obligated to release it theatrically. I don't think they're trying to test things so much as get the albatross off their necks.

Much of the country - including New York - can operate movie theaters now. NYC is now well into the phase that includes movie theaters.

Movie theaters are still closed in New York. While they were initially part of phase 4 opening plans, Governor Cuomo decided to keep them and gyms shut indefinitely upon the sudden rise in COVID cases around the country from indoor gatherings. Unless something dramatic changes in the next week, there will be no open traditional theaters in the Empire state for August.

Movie theaters are still closed in New York. While they were initially part of phase 4 opening plans, Governor Cuomo decided to keep them and gyms shut indefinitely upon the sudden rise in COVID cases around the country from indoor gatherings. Unless something dramatic changes in the next week, there will be no open traditional theaters in the Empire state for August.
From what I heard he won’t let them open until at least after Labor Day.

From what I heard he won’t let them open until at least after Labor Day.
Lucky you...if we see theme parks and theaters open before the end of the year then it will be a miracle

I get a daily text and while rates are going down compared to before we still have new cases daily. Then we have a three day weekend coming up...Halloween and so on doubt CA's will not party and go out these last few months so really going to be difficult for most theaters in LA to open

North Carolina is weird, they have SC/TN that are effectively open. Tweetsie Railroad (which also has a small park attached) in Boone opened briefly in mid July only to close two weeks later after the health department declared the open air train was unsafe to operate (despite procedures that match Orlando parks).

Public trains and buses still operate, there though. Cedar Fair never opened Carowinds even though half the park was ok to in South Carolina while the NC part was not allowed. (Carowinds is unique in that half the park is in one state, and the other half in the other).
Great Smoky Mountain Railroad train ride in NC is open though, which shows really inconsistent application of the rules there, which typically really causes resentment.

Last edited:

WB has very specific demands for theaters playing Tenet:

Mask mandates must be enforced with active reporting to WB
WB keeps 63% of the gross
Tenet must have the largest non-IMAX screen each week, until otherwise agreed
• Single screens – 4 weeks, with a third-weekend holdover figure determinant in place
• Twins – 5+ weeks
• 3 to 8 screens – 8 weeks
• 9+ screens – 12 weeks
Maximum theater marketing is being provided by WB at no cost
3 WB trailers are required to play before Tenet

It’s gonna be real sad when this gets outperformed by Jurassic Park or ET in the same weekend.

It’s gonna be real sad when this gets outperformed by Jurassic Park or ET in the same weekend.
Not really...they pushed the date back sooo many times

It's there fault for not just getting this out years ago...the movie is going to be a 6/10 that some people like and no clue how Fox could crap out the last few Xmen films but were trying to save this one with editing

Status
Not open for further replies.