Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Energon Stand

Wasn't the Amazing pictures next to Studio Store closed? On Thursday, it was shut down so maybe they're adding the Energon stand over there or just nixing it all together.

I wasn't a fan of it when the ride opened but I actually really like Energon now....I how it's not gone for good...

Although technically.....won't the Flaming Moe's drink be identical to Energon? I think I remember hearing that from Florida. So if that's true, I guess it would make more sense in keeping it for the Simpsons brand and not Transformers, since The Simpsons food options sell very well.

Wow it finally happened.

Took a year, but it finally actually happened.

Energon sold horribly and it greatly amuses me that everyone in Orlando wants it so badly.

I'm not surprised it sold horribly. It was USH trying to cash in on the themed drink craze started by Butterbeer. Except that half of the appeal of butterbeer is that it was a known famous drink from the Harry Potter books and movies. Energon was a random drink that had nothing to do with the franchise.

Luckily for fans of it, the same/similar recipe is used in the Flaming Moes drink, so not all is lost.

It was notoriously expensive too, and unavailable without the souvenir cup.

Homemade Energon became quite popular backstage, and often was preferred moreso than the actual drink itself.

Technically that was still a "souvenir cup" (just less of one), and was still was a bit pricey.

Universal wanted Energon to be special, and refused to let it be served regular park cups.

If anyone knows how to make the heavy whipping cream, I know the actual soda which was used.  Not hard.

Butterbeer is a little more of a puzzle.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Butterbeer recipe on OrlandoUnited is similar enough to the real thing for now.

Sales must have been pitiful for them to remove it completely but it also makes sense that Flaming Moe's imminent arrival will cause redundancy with two orange-flavored drinks.

This is actually incredibly sad news to me. Haha. I am so addicted to that stuff. Glad I got a few of the souviner cups (due to massive cravings that wouldn't be satisfied with the disposable cups).