Entertainment Changes at DHS | Inside Universal Forums

Entertainment Changes at DHS

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Jul 14, 2010
Over on wdwmagic a poster is reporting that Countdown To Fun and Disney Channel Rocks are both closing. A date of around April 6th is being thrown around.

That poster indicated the cancellation of the two was announced to the cast, but no replacement was announced. A lot of the posters over there are getting all excited thinking this means the hat is going away. Some are thinking it's because they are going to build cars land and the construction would interrupt parade operation.

I was wondering why auditions were pulled from the site for singers and movers. If I had to guess this is probably just budget cuts. The fact that they didn't mention a replacement leads me to believe that, they just trained a bunch of new people too.. :huh:

Someone is speculating that Pixar Play Parade from DCA will be replacing CTF.

Cars Land wouldn't affect the parade route at all, so that's out.

Both are pretty putrid shows/parades. So I won't miss them.

Good point. I was thinking about it in terms of a back of house interruption, but the floats don't even go back there.

Good riddance to both. DCR is annoying as all get out, and Countdown to Fun isn't known as the "fake parade" for no reason. Now that said, I hope they are planning a replacement for Countdown to Fun.

Could DHS be on the verge of a DCA type make over! Seems like things may be starting to kick into gear over there possibly.

Don't count on it. These are for the most parts straight up cuts, saving funds to try and show reduced operating costs to combat the money pit that MM+ continues to be. The shareholders want better profit and operating numbers with constraints in further capital spending, and a cut like this, along with killing support infrastructure, can help with a park so heavy on entertainment.