Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Epcot (General Discussion)

The California film is significantly more entertaining. Just bring it back 'permanently', Throw the world film in the trash can.
It legitimately is, and that's from someone who always thought "Soarin' Around the World" was a perfect idea for Epcot. Just so much more heart, wonder, and fun packed into it. I love how grounded it is and the ways that it really celebrates the human desire to take flight and all of the ways that desire manifests itself. When I was younger I really never realized that every location was in California, (which speaks to how wonderful the original ride concept was), the variety in biomes and scenes was so wide that I just took it as around the world anyways. ATW is too specific, I think, and it doesn't capture the joy of flight anywhere near as well.

I hope they might be able to find the original masters of the Soarin' Over California video and remaster it into HD, or even 4K with that Disney budget. The only slight issue with the ride as it is is the obviously aged film and projector. Philarmagic got a bit of a visual bump a few years back, hopefully this is next! At least for DCA! S:ATW makes zero sense there at all.

I do like the California film... but boy is the video quality horrible. I hope one day we can get a Star Tours-esque Soarin' as the World film was decent but could be much better.

I mean at least Epcot is getting shows....Disneyland literally has two stages empty and one wil be used for a dance party.....I'd rather have this in Fantasyland theater over a dance party

Based on how this is temporary i'm expecting that come fall possibly a Coco show could be possible and then a holiday show, etc, etc. This stage seems like it will have rotating entertainment.

That's a nice way of saying that concept art would look sad if it were community theater.