Epcot (General Discussion) | Page 106 | Inside Universal Forums

Epcot (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The problem with chasing fads is that they have a shelf life, and unless you're going to update yourself rigorously and frequently, you'll get dated quickly... and not the warm, nostalgia-y, good kind of dated, but the cheap and obnoxious kind that makes people ask in 10 years, "What the heck were they thinking here?"

I truly don't get the appeal of this "Instagram wall" stuff.

I guess people really like getting their pictures taken in front of ugly patterns.
Well just like every fad, people will get wise to it or bored of it and it will stop working. These walls are just like all the kitschy stuff DCA had when it opened.
I actually don't mind the patterns at all, plus, it's only paint. That wall could be painted overnight.

Thankfully it's just paint? I don't think Epcot's new paint schemes are any more Instagram wall like than anything else. For me it's more of a "we're adding color and patterns to tie in the park better" over "OMG INSTA WALLS".

Reactions: Nick
Thankfully it's just paint? I don't think Epcot's new paint schemes are any more Instagram wall like than anything else. For me it's more of a "we're adding color and patterns to tie in the park better" over "OMG INSTA WALLS".
Yeah, this type of style is fitting with the retro-futuristic Epcot look.

Reactions: Disneyhead
This is troubling. One of the things that has kept World Showcase unique is the third party operators that create unique experiences. Now that Disney has taken over, the Disney-fication of the menus will almost undoubtedly happen.

Don't forget about the likely Disney-fication of the belly dancer.

EDIT: In all seriousness, this area of the park deserves better given its theming.

Don't forget about the likely Disney-fication of the belly dancer.

EDIT: In all seriousness, this area of the park deserves better given its theming.
I would love if this area of the park had a ride. But if a ride were added here, it's gonna be Aladdin, which is just really unacceptable imo. Ratatouille took up most of the expansion space anyway, but if they wanted to add a ride to Morocco, there's just enough space to do a decent sized attraction.

This is troubling. One of the things that has kept World Showcase unique is the third party operators that create unique experiences. Now that Disney has taken over, the Disney-fication of the menus will almost undoubtedly happen.
Tangierine Cafe has been an under-the-radar favorite spot of mine for a quick bite. The marinated olives and couscous salad are/were excellent. Not feeling great about what the overall food landscape is going to look like in the pavilion when it comes back online.

I would love if this area of the park had a ride. But if a ride were added here, it's gonna be Aladdin, which is just really unacceptable imo. Ratatouille took up most of the expansion space anyway, but if they wanted to add a ride to Morocco, there's just enough space to do a decent sized attraction.
I would be beyond thrilled if they'd bring over Sindbad's Storybook Voyage from DisneySea, but we all know that won't happen... because it's too good a fit! Why choose something that makes sense (both for the area and for the park) when they could shoehorn more Aladdin in there?!

Tangierine Cafe has been an under-the-radar favorite spot of mine for a quick bite. The marinated olives and couscous salad are/were excellent. Not feeling great about what the overall food landscape is going to look like in the pavilion when it comes back online.

I would be beyond thrilled if they'd bring over Sindbad's Storybook Voyage from DisneySea, but we all know that won't happen... because it's too good a fit! Why choose something that makes sense (both for the area and for the park) when they could shoehorn more Aladdin in there?!
100% agree with your Tangerine Cafe opinion. It's our go to place to eat dinner in Epcot since we absolutely hate the inconvenience of the Disney dining reservation system, and rarely ever eat at their reserved
table service restaurants anymore.

That's literally the last thread holding Epcot together..the unique food

Personally I think this is dangerous territory

I don’t mind the Disney characters appearing in rides in World Showcase, but if they start messing with the food...whoa nelly.

And let me just add onto the love of Tangerine Cafe. My wife and I can split one meal there and both be full. That Shawarma platter is amazing and may be the best counter service on property...it would battle it out with Satu’li Canteen.

I don’t mind the Disney characters appearing in rides in World Showcase, but if they start messing with the food...whoa nelly.

And let me just add onto the love of Tangerine Cafe. My wife and I can split one meal there and both be full. That Shawarma platter is amazing and may be the best counter service on property...it would battle it out with Satu’li Canteen.
Shawarma platter is definitely my goto at EPCOT. Every side dish is good too.