Epcot (General Discussion) | Page 115 | Inside Universal Forums

Epcot (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
As beautiful as the new work on the entrance is, Future World is an absolute mess right now. Went there Saturday night and the lack of lighting and walls everywhere was overwhelming. First time since Dec. 2019 and it was not pretty. Daytime navigation was OK the next day, but that evening was pretty bad.
Once the center hub opens back up, I think that should help improve things massively not only in terms of the walls being down, but lighting as well. Electric Umbrella (or whatever it will be called) and Mouse Gear will shed a lot of light simply from their respective locations onto the main pathways again. Eventually, there's supposed to be a new flagship Starbucks that will be built somewhere as well. Unfortunately, it likely won't be 2022 until either GotG or Play! are opened, leaving that corner of the park dead for another year.

WS however has always been rather dim at night, though i'd argue atmospherically it works out there. In Future World, the lack of light and things to do right now is really quite depressing.

Once the center hub opens back up, I think that should help improve things massively not only in terms of the walls being down, but lighting as well. Electric Umbrella (or whatever it will be called) and Mouse Gear will shed a lot of light simply from their respective locations onto the main pathways again. Eventually, there's supposed to be a new flagship Starbucks that will be built somewhere as well. Unfortunately, it likely won't be until either GotG or Play! are opened, leaving that corner of the park dead for another year.

WS however has always been rather dim at night, though i'd argue atmospherically it works out there. In Future World, the lack of light and things to do right now is really quite depressing.
Agreed WS is dimmer but in a good way. FW past SSE is like a dark alley.

Reactions: belloq87
giphy.gif

I mean, I guess I suspected Disney was going to screw around with the entrance loop (because they can't help themselves but mess with good things), but this really upsets me. That loop Is (was) one of the absolute best in any theme park.

Someone Shazamed the songs played and made a Spotify playlist.

Edit: Spotify playlists don’t link on here so search for “schmooferino” and it’s under NEW EPCOT Entry Loop 2021.

Someone Shazamed the songs played and made a Spotify playlist.

Edit: Spotify playlists don’t link on here so search for “schmooferino” and it’s under NEW EPCOT Entry Loop 2021.

Wow.

Utterly devoid of personality. So frustrating.

I can't wait to hear what bland nothingness will replace the (amazing) Innoventions loop once the center of the park re-opens.

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
Wow.

Utterly devoid of personality. So frustrating.

I can't wait to hear what bland nothingness will replace the (amazing) Innoventions loop once the center of the park re-opens.
It's certainly not the same as walking in to the Soarin or imagination music playing, but I disagree that it doesn't fit the park. It has a certain grandiose about the score that seems to specifically fit Epcot well, although it would be nice if it was original music just for the park.

I wonder if they had planned on an original score and COVID changed their plans to just create one out of existing music? As has been shown from film productions that are working through COVID, one of the hardest parts currently is actually getting the score finished. For example, it was just recently revealed that the score for WandaVision was only just finished a few weeks ago in mid-February. The Mandalorian had a similar issue where they were still finishing it as the season was going on.

Last edited:
Reactions: IOAGuy
It's certainly not the same as walking in to the Soarin or imagination music playing, but I disagree that it doesn't fit the park. It has a certain grandiose about the score that seems to specifically fit Epcot well, although it would be nice if it was original music just for the park.

I wonder if they had planned on an original score and COVID changed their plans to just create one out of existing music?

I mean... their other option was to not mess with perfection.

The previous entrance loops acted like an extended overture for what we were going to hear walking around the park. This new one is just nothing.

They've got an entire stable of songs and music composed specifically for this singular theme park. And apparently they're not good enough anymore.

I wonder if they had planned on an original score and COVID changed their plans to just create one out of existing music? As has been shown from film productions that are working through COVID, one of the hardest parts currently is actually getting the score finished. For example, it was just recently revealed that the score for WandaVision was only just finished a few weeks ago in mid-February. The MAndalorian had a similar issue where they were still finishing it as the season was going on.

Pinar Toprak was supposed to have composed new music for Epcot but other than what was shown at D23 (I think it was there) there's nothing by her.

The music they were using was perfect. It was the music of EPCOT-- now we have generic...
I mean... their other option was to not mess with perfection.

The previous entrance loops acted like an extended overture for what we were going to hear walking around the park. This new one is just nothing.

They've got an entire stable of songs and music composed specifically for this singular theme park. And apparently they're not good enough anymore.
I totally agree and I absolutely adored the entrance music before, but on one hand, I think we should be a bit thankful that they didn't make the music "More Disney" (which, it already was "Disney" imo, but you know what I mean - Chapek's idea of Disney).

I totally agree and I absolutely adored the entrance music before, but on one hand, I think we should be a bit thankful that they didn't make the music "More Disney" (which, it already was "Disney" imo, but you know what I mean - Chapek's idea of Disney).

Well, this is certainly true. I'm absolutely stunned (and glad) it's not just a "Disney Movie Songs" medley.

Wait till people find out most theme park loops are made of pre-existing music.

That's not the criticism.

The loop that this new one is replacing was filled with original music written for the park.

The old Wonders of Life loop is one of my favorites, and that was entirely (or primarily) existing music. I assume the Innoventions loop similarly incorporates existing cues.

I like it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

To me, conducting new music is less lazy/more admirable than recycling music you already hear throughout the park. Imagine if the situation was reversed (original score replaced with ride scores)...would the reaction still be the same? Is it about the quality of the music or resistance to change?

Reactions: Nick
That's not the criticism.

The loop that this new one is replacing was filled with original music written for the park.

The old Wonders of Life loop is one of my favorites, and that was entirely (or primarily) existing music. I assume the Innoventions loop similarly incorporates existing cues.
So what you're saying is that they took pre-existing music (that just happened to be original to the park at one point or another) and made an entrance loop out of it, right?

Yes, but what's your point? I'm not seeing a contradiction.
Because the score you're bemoaning the loss of was just as lazily put together as this one was. It's not like the previous entrance music was something they went and had an orchestra record or something. The only difference between the old entrance music and the new one is that it was music from around the park.

Reactions: Parkscope Joe