Epcot (General Discussion) | Page 124 | Inside Universal Forums

Epcot (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
While it does look a bit too much like UNIQLO for my tastes (at least some brickwork at the new World of Disney), I overall like it. The color changing LED lights in the breezeway are cool, too.
1631751962065.png

Reactions: shiekra38
I mean, it's the way of all current shopping design. The new Universal Store at CityWalk is pretty much the same design.

And I love it. It’s modern but simple, clean.

The new designs they are doing for these stores is way more my preference then what they used to look like.

The new designs they are doing for these stores is way more my preference then what they used to look like.
I definitely like more natural light, having an open floor plan, and simple yet sleek design, but I would prefer at least a *tiny* bit more actual theming. And that doesn’t mean it has to be garish like Mouse Gears or the old World of Disney were. It just means I want to feel like I’m in something that belongs in a theme park and not like I’ve been transported to Disney Springs.

It reminded me of a box store as much as anything. It's hard to make a judgment from a video but it just doesn't feel special. The MK Main Street stores have that certain something that makes wading through people worth it. This store? Not so much.

Reactions: Cheezbat
I do find weird that they’re going all out being future retro yet they didn’t revive the Centorium name. Seems like it would have been a win win. Oh well looks nice.

Reactions: Alicia
I do find weird that they’re going all out being future retro yet they didn’t revive the Centorium name. Seems like it would have been a win win. Oh well looks nice.
It’s like the Emporium, but at EPCOT Center = Centorium. Brilliant!

Reactions: Mad Dog
I can care less about theming inside a store. The shop at Epcot is what it's suppose to be: clean, lots of natural light and simple. The new Universal store is also clean and simple.

As much as I love the tribute stores/legacy store at CityWalk, they are a pain to maneuver about.

The abundance of natural light is easily the best feature of this store.
I think it will look really nice when there is more than a construction wall outside the window as well

Speaking of really nice...This is probably the first time I've ever wanted to buy Epcot related merch. I love the designs a lot in all this stuff

I haven't been to Epcot in many years. I would like to ask...

Does anyone else think that with the Creations Shop opening up that this marks the beginning of Epcot's hub multi-year process of turning back into a short of "normal" experience?

Glad you like it…but it’s not Disney.

the fact that everybody is going this route is a major reason people like me don’t care to shop at malls and in Disney’s stores when they’re all like this….and all selling generic garbage.

Reactions: SpyderDan