Epcot (General Discussion) | Page 131 | Inside Universal Forums

Epcot (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
To put into better context where everything is, here's a vlog showing off both the Cafe and Eatery along with some of the foods. Both sides are absolutely massive which is nice.

Last edited:
Reactions: belloq87
This is the kind of sunny seating I was worried about on the Eatery side near GotG.

I'll be sitting somewhere along the breezeway if I have it my way when I eat here:

Reactions: belloq87
Disney Imagineering trying to sell some concrete walkways and gardens as "a place where people meet" or something like that. The story of Epcot is about people and possibilities, probably the possibility that Epcot could be great but isn't or something. Can someone please explain me what this man is saying?

*Is Zack Riddley the Riddler-y...as he leaves me with so many question marks?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Disneyhead
Disney Imagineering trying to sell some concrete walkways and gardens as "a place where people meet" or something like that. The story of Epcot is about people and possibilities, probably the possibility that Epcot could be great but isn't or something. Can someone please explain me what this man is saying?

I get the distinct sense that if I watch this video, I'm going to get angry.

Anyway, lots of new concept art dropped today for the completion of the center of the park...

"CommuniCore Hall." See, it's still Epcot! :rolleyes:

I think, aesthetically, most of that stuff looks nice.

Last edited:
Think of how sad this overhaul actually being on the whole.

Yes, the park aesthetics are vastly improved and the central spine will look a lot better, but we only gained a net total of one ride to the park ride count.

On top of that there’s many things that were announced and then didn’t happen such as Poppins, Play!, SSE refurb, new China 360 show, original Festival center, and the Ducktails retheme of the now closed Phineas & Ferb World Showcase attraction. That’s A LOT to just be like, screw it, not doing it.

There’s also the things that were heavily rumored for the park such as a Coco overlay for Three Cabs and Brazil. Now these weren’t announced, but they were very heavily rumored going into D23.

Overall is the park better? Yes, but much like DHS, it could’ve been so much more.

img_0968-1920x1079.jpg

Epcot University looks great

TBH, I don't hate the concept of adding in a new building over where the old one was

I expected it to be an astro turf field personally and figured that original festival center was never going to get built

I like the addition of the green space in the center

Moana thing will probably be a fun little experience that ties into that...neighborhood, land, whatever they're called

I kind of just wish they would have kept the original building in tact and re-worked it or torn the whole thing down and started over

Essentially you'll now have a modern new building clashing with the older looking building

So if I had one complaint, it would be the lack of cohesion with the buildings

Think of how sad this overhaul actually being on the whole.

Yes, the park aesthetics are vastly improved and the central spine will look a lot better, but we only gained a net total of one ride to the park ride count.

Overall is the park better? Yes, but much like DHS, it could’ve been so much more.

These points are great. Thinking back to DHS, while that park may have changed, the park did not really expand. They replace a large amount of the park with new rides that do not add anything to attraction time overall.

MK and AK were expanded, Epcot was a small expansion (with the France Pavilion ride expansion), and DHS did not expand at all.

The Epcot project overall is sad considering the lost potential there was and Disney using the pandemic as an excuse to budget cut a lot of aspects of the project.

Reactions: shiekra38
img_0968-1920x1079.jpg

Epcot University looks great

TBH, I don't hate the concept of adding in a new building over where the old one was

I expected it to be an astro turf field personally and figured that original festival center was never going to get built

I like the addition of the green space in the center

Moana thing will probably be a fun little experience that ties into that...neighborhood, land, whatever they're called

I kind of just wish they would have kept the original building in tact and re-worked it or torn the whole thing down and started over

Essentially you'll now have a modern new building clashing with the older looking building

So if I had one complaint, it would be the lack of cohesion with the buildings
I was looking at this again and am I missing something or is the smaller replacement for Fountain of Nations now completely gone? That thing in the center doesn't seem like a fountain, it looks like it has plants in it.

I was looking at this again and am I missing something or is the smaller replacement for Fountain of Nations now completely gone? That thing in the center doesn't seem like a fountain, it looks like it has plants in it.

Yeah, it doesn’t look like there’s a fountain. Is the middle area where that Walt Disney statue is going?

Update: I found concept of that area and yeah no fountain:

1651870468951.jpeg

Last edited:
It's definitely a planter that will have a festival-specific centerpiece in it depending on what's being celebrated

Come to think of it, that's kind of what the purpose of the "communicore/world celebration" area is now, act as a celebration hub for Arts, F&W, and Christmas

The more I think of Epcot the more I am in two minds. It has needed work for a long time and I am glad that work is being done but it just seems like everything was demolished and now they just HAVE to build stuff but the higher-ups are not giving the budget despite making hand-over-fist on Genie+ and the likes and bragging about earnings literally yesterday. Makes you wonder how they can stand up and say it all while knowing they promised so much and retracted, what, half of it when it comes to Epcot? Without actually stating in some instances that it is cancelled. I truly don't get the audacity. I just hope on hope that whatever Epcot ends up looking like it is either 1. Better than I could imagine now or 2. Something that can be reversed in time. Not that I hold out hope for a new regime any time soon. The synergy machine is earning too much to force a change.

Looking at the parking lot expansion makes me wonder if Disney is considering expanding the skyliner and adding an additional line to/from Port Orleans and Saratoga Springs with a station off to the side near the front of the park.

I haven’t much looked at if this would be possible but with the success of the Skykiner and how much less of a hassleit is then waiting to catch a bud I’m wondering if they may be looking at adding additional lines throughout the resort.

Looking at the parking lot expansion makes me wonder if Disney is considering expanding the skyliner and adding an additional line to/from Port Orleans and Saratoga Springs with a station off to the side near the front of the park.

I haven’t much looked at if this would be possible but with the success of the Skykiner and how much less of a hassleit is then waiting to catch a bud I’m wondering if they may be looking at adding additional lines throughout the resort.
I think it's more simple than that. I think this is simply going to become CM parking and the Imagination lot, which currently has some CM parking, can go back to being guest parking.

Reactions: Magic Feather